Classic graphics models use low polygon count than original

Classic graphics models use less polygons than the models used in the original Frozen Throne.
Besides removing the Model Detail setting from the Reforged Video options (which was present in The Frozen Throne), it seems that models in Classic now default to what was once Medium model details setting in the original game. Why couldn t you have used the high polygon models from the original game when porting instead?
The game and editor in classic mode looks and IS visibly worse.

Can this be addressed please?
It s a deal breaker for me and others who still prefer the classic graphics for various and obvious reasons.

I think you will need a comparison screenshot to back up this claim.

As far as I am aware the classic model setting was removed because all quality settings below high are utterly pointless in this day and age due to even weaker integrated GPUs having little difficulty rendering such models. As such classic should be defaulting to what used to be considered the highest quality model setting.

That said there is a reduction in texture quality. Not due to the textures being lower resolution, but due to the move to .dds and DXTC compression introducing more visible compression artefacts than the old pallet and JPEG compressed textures had. This is/was most noticeable on hero glows apparently.

1 Like

Yep, this is the main issue, perhaps the user was trying to get that across but i’m not sure.

Special effects, icons and terrain in my eye sight is more affected than models, and for the sake of keeping it humble i did state its something like 15-20% reduction in quality depending on the type of resource/asset.

Sadly while i would wholeheartedly welcome a fix to this, i dont trust blizzard to sit down and fix the textures one by one, hell if i know they might break CASC. :upside_down_face:

And if we assume they shouldn’t use blp (which i mean, i’m not against) we would also need someone to find the right variant of dds so it basically means we need a semi old school art technician on their team.

How do I add pics to these threads?

you can’t, maybe add links to pictures but include the links in three ` on each end.

then it would look like this.
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/2222-png.402906/