Changes must come read this!

1,Implement ladder.when only reforge ownbers can play it so that way we will skip mass smurfers.
2.Nelf need some sorta of a nerf.when 40% of players play Nelf its a bit dissturbing.
7 out of 10 games i have to play vs nelfs.

That’s a great idea.
A ladder for 10 players should be quite easy to implement^^

(are there even 10 players?^^)

4 Likes

All they have to do is restore the original game/Battle.net and we’re good to go. But of course Blizzard employees and bosses are too stupid to do it.

4 Likes

restarting the old servers is not difficult directly but, the new client does not run on them. if they shall reintroduce the old servers, then they need to patch that in. i do support the idea however, i am just saying that it is not as easy as some of you might think. one important change is to add the co-op mode from starcraft 2. they can add it with 4 free commanders(one for each race) and then demand money for the rest. i did see a screen shot of the mode somewhere so, the code might already be in the game. they should change the payment structure to what starcraft 2 had, as that worked well.

Warcraft 3 champions is on par or better than anything Blizzard would implement.

2 Likes

We don’t need the new client, it worked fine without their trash bloatware.
So yes, it actually IS easy, they just don’t want to because of: Incompetency, laziness, greed, stupidity, etc. (choose one or more)

1 Like

no, they can not simply go back to the old client. the last client that ran on the old server software was the pre-reforged test realm client. they can not simply release that. in order to make the old servers work again, they would need to patch the client.

I guess that he meant to go back to the functional working wc3 that could run on wider monitors. That’s all we need…

think it should still be possible by changing the registry keys for resolution. i have no way to test it myself however, as i am already using my monitor`s maximum resolution.

not with the very old wc3, it was only stretching, not resizing…

there was a version that was working fine before reforged, let’s go back to that, whatever it is.

it is not possible to roll back a server based game. if they shall add functionality that was removed, they need to patch it back in. warcraft 3 however does not seem to be getting any new patches. last was released last year. if you want them to touch up the game, your best bet is to gather signatures and then send them. i can not confirm if it will work however but, it could. i checked the news and there is no news regarding warcraft 3 since last year. blizzard does not even include it in the what is playing news.

why? there is no reason for that…

1 Like

all users have already updated when they connected to the server. therefore: in order to change something, it needs to be patched.

They certainly can. We don’t need the new client or the downgrade of Reforged

and?
you download the version and install it. Can’t see any problem…

2 Likes

the app permits only one instalation per game. it is therefore not possible to download an older version.

You wouldn’t use the app. He means using the old client and just restoring the battle.net for that. It wouldn’t have to affect the Reforged client’s battle.net at all, like they did with Diablo 2 and Resurrected. As for the pre-reforged test realm client you brought up, that is another separate client which shouldn’t have anything to do with supporting the old client and servers for it.

Yes they might have to release a standalone version of whatever version they go back to so that it doesn’t try to update to a later version or Reforged, but that shouldn’t be a huge deal for them. There are even 3rd party servers that use pre-Reforged versions of the game. It’s not something that should be insurmountable for Blizzard.

that is different, as there they programmed it for using both. they have not done that with warcraft 3. if they shall release a none battle.net 2.0 version of warcraft 3 they have to patch it.

you just need to download a program, install it and connect to a server, that’s all. There are no patches or anything. Delete the reforged folder and install WC3. Connect to Bnet. Done.