Cant launch game, "Buy now" while I already own it

Hi,

I just changed my computer, installed bnet & wc3 on it, but when I want to launch the game, it just offers me to buy it on bnet.

I got the game (on bnet website it says my account is active & last use of game was today (i played this night on my old cpu), my roc & tft keys are displayed at the bottom of the page.
But on the bnet launcher, I only got a “BUY NOW” button, not the one to launch the game.

I wanted to post screenshots, but its not allowed apparently.

Help plz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, i got a similar issue. I accidentally deleted my google account, on which i once registered the game. I could delete and reinstall it but cant log into the game any more. I registered it on my other google account and tried to start the game but an error occurs. What can i do now? I dont want to buy the game again. Its not possible to directly contact blizzard and this issue is not listed. Im desperate atm…:frowning:

I solved the problem by enter game key of the original game (i own it on cd) into my account :wink: maybe this will help you too.

Ofc. you can.
You go here: Blizzard Support - Contact Support
Click on “Account, App & Shop” or “WC3R”
Click on “I would rather categorize the issue”
Click on “Account” and then “Code or Key Problem”
Click “Contact Us” OR
__
Click here
(you can select your language at the bottom of the page)

Sounds like you are on a different account but maybe its a bug. Follow the above steps and contact the Support

1. In the Bnet launcher, click on the cog wheel and “continue without logging in”
  2. Download and install Reforged
  3. Go back to Bnet launcher and login as usual
  4. You have now successfully avoided being scammed
  5. Download and install W3Champions to have inventory/item hotkeys
11 Likes

Thanks a lot arcsaber. It worked perfectly for me

1 Like

I found out i can only play classic modus. i cant choose reforged graphics in options although i own reforged and it once worked on my deleted google account. what can i do now?
blizzard support dont react.
In battle.net launcher it also still says there is an upgrade available and when i click on it, im forced to buy reforged, which i already bought in febuary.
What can i do? i dont want to buy the game again just because i deleted my google account. This is stupid. There must be a solution.

license is bound to account. only way to transfer is to contact support.

arcsaber, YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! Literally fixed my issue within 10 seconds!

Thank you arcsaber! The process you laid out isn’t complicated, but I certainly wouldn’t have thought/discovered to do this on my own.

They’re a good amount of people who have purchased the game back when it was available on CD. To buy something that you’ve already purchased feels bad. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to enjoy the game once more without the guilt of buyer’s (again) remorse.

If the game was already installed but it’s showing “buy” instead of play, you can also try clicking the link below the button that says “Locate the game…”

Point it to the folder where the game is installed and then it should work.

I know this is old but I can confirm once more that this works! If you already own the game just go in without logging in…this latest iteration of the Battle.net launcher is not my favorite…at least for classic games.

thank you it fix the problem