Cant Access WC3 Anymore?

Hello,

I have had Warcraft 3 since it has came out. I still played it to this day. When reforged came out you had a mandatory install. This install now requires me to buy Reforged?

Why do I need to rebuy a game i’ve owned for years? I didnt even want reforged. is there a way to access WC3 TFT classic? PS. I WILL NOT buy the game until I can access it through my old cd key. This is a new low : /

Thanks

11 Likes

Hey, Hat1!

I see you had a very old version of the Battle.net app installed. Did the issue resolve itself it when you used the newest Battle.net app version?

Even Blizzard doesn’t know what they are talking about here! Reforged has merged the old classic games into itself. But reforged is awful, it crashes, it’s buggy. The UI is crap and you can’t even use cheats. The newest version of battle.net just directs you to download reforged even when I’ve clicked on downloading the classic versions installer. Why would you do this? I’m so disappointed by reforged that I want to go back but I can’t.

10 Likes

Hello,

No… thats why I made this post. When I load the game it gives me a error when trying to actually log into battle net on the WC3 multiplayer section. Something along the lines of “Could not make request”.

I’ve tried multiple times to connect and it happens every time (my internet is good 150mb down and 25 up so please don’t say its because of the internet and no im not on a wifi connection). Is there an ETA on a fix?

Also is there any news on just being able to play the base game? When reforged was being made it was not said you would have to switch over, how can you just take a game away? Its not even that you guys stopped hosting servers you literally took the old single player campaign away.

Thanks,

3 Likes

Hat1,
For us people who have still been playing WC3 for all these years, Reforged is basically the worst thing that has happened to the game. There is no way to get around the reforged install. This was an intentional move by blizz to merge the games together. Playing regular Warcraft 3 as it has existed for 17 years is not possible on blizzard servers. The only real hope here is that Blizzard changes their approach to the whole thing.

Though to answer your question; no, you shouldn’t have to actually buy reforged. You will have to download it and WC3 should launch through the reforged launcher in its modified state. I’d just suggest reinstalling bnet or something.

2 Likes

My Warcraft Frozen Throne is gone now, how do I get back to it?

I’ve owned the game for years, and now it looks like reforged deleted it? I looked in the folder I had it installed.

I tried downloading my game again from here: Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment

But it just opens up the battlenet launcher and I cannot find The Frozen Throne in there.

Edit: I don’t want Reforged if I cannot use TFT. Why did it delete my game? Or how can I install both? I didn’t buy this game so you could delete my other games I own.

1 Like

You can’t. The Frozen Throne client is gone now. You are stuck with Reforged now, unless you own an old offline installer.
That’s one of the reasons Reforged was so “warmly” welcomed.

1 Like

is possible to put the patch 1.29download like was 1.27b with all the language?
This patch is the last xp patch and the last for 32 bit system that fix many think like widescreen and put a switch campaign and was very stable.
For who not have interest to play reforge or cannot because now the game is for only 64 bit and would continue to play offline that little work is a great way for continue to enjoy a wonderful old game.
Thank you

Hat1,

You do not have a license for the game claimed to this email address on our Battle.net 2.0 system. Likely, you were using the old Battle.net 1.0 system to log in with that key, which is disabled now for Warcraft III. If you still have the old key and it was never claimed to a Battle.net 2.0 account, you can claim it here, which will let you log in again. Otherwise, you’ll need to find the email address you claimed it on and log in using that email instead. You can contact support for help recovering the old email if you have forgotten your login information.

Refer to my post here for more information on why you can’t use the old system to connect anymore.

this is a load of horse turds. horse turds from horses that eat turds, making their turds especilly crappy.

i’m pretty pissed off at Blizzard for this. so the games I had legit paid for , are no longer working because I need to buy the remastered and reportedly lack luster version ?
no thanks.

1 Like

Not necessarily. If you have a Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos key on your email, you can still access the game, but your account does not have that claimed. I do see that you have a frozen throne key on your account, but not Reign of Chaos for some reason. If you have your Reign of Chaos key, just claim it at the link I posted above and you should be fine to log in. What changed with this patch was how we detect ownership of an account. You must have either Reign of Chaos OR Reforged on your email address here.

I have both RoC and TFT on my account how do I get back to playing them now that reforged installed over them ?

1 Like

The Battle.net app should install both Classic and Reforged in the same folder. To play the Classic version of the game players may toggle the option via the in-game settings menu.

Keep in mind that there is not any option to switch back to specific patches. The classic version of the game did receive a number of updates in the switch over to Battle.net app installation.

I do hope this info helps. If there’s anything else you might need just let us know.

I clicked Classic in Reforged, but it’s not TFT, it’s not the same game. Why would you get rid of a game I own?

I also need LAN play for an upcoming event we run. This was working just fine in TFT, so I need to be able to launch TFT.

I installed Reforged separately, so it should not delete my TFT.

Switching to classic did not launch TFT, it’s still Reforged.

Are you actually calling the reforged client, without the new textures for Warcraft 3 Classic? Just stop. Thats to far.
Its not the same game, its “Warcraft 3 Reforged: Classic Texture Edition”… NOT Warcraft 3 Classic, that game died with Battle.net 1.0 and you know it. You even said so yourself.

Hi i have a same problem, i have a RoC and TFT CD key too. I added both key to my account. But i cant download the game from the battle net app, so i go to the website and download wc3 TFT link, it start the istallaiton on the battle.net app. After that I can start the game but in the menu i get an error text: “there was an error in handling the request”… and i cant do anything in the game.

same for me …

Please keep in mind that we do not support the old client any longer, and suggestions to help you access the old client are neither what this thread is about nor appropriate for the Technical Support forums. If you have suggestions, you should post them here.

This forum is here exclusively for getting support with the Reforged game client. Technical support agents do not field suggestions as we do not develop the game ourselves.

As this thread has been derailed with unrelated issues, it’s being locked. Please address feedback to the correct forums and do not hijack threads.