Cannot view other player's replays

For some reason i cannot view other players replays. When i double click replay it launches the game but says something like “map file used in the replay cannot be found” and when trying to go from ingame “replay” section the replays don’t even appear.

Anyone has any solutions for this?

have you overcome this issue

That is one massive bump haha.
This can occur when people get creative in variations of the map on where they are stored. Especially tournament maps from specific organisation are notorious for adding banners and promotinal doodads into the maps and save them in weird subfolders. Your w3 client can have trouble understanding it can substitute with the local variation of the map.

Note that a replay in fact is not a video recording: it fixes the randomness as in game and then exactly replicates the actions taken. This is why, for example, you cannot rewind a replay as you cannot ‘unkill’ creeps by hitting them back to life. Nor units can walk backwards.

This is also why replays from older versions bug: new balance settings are loaded into older replays, hence causing a mismatch in for example having a unit died yes or no due to change in HP or damage from attacks. The replay still runs it sequence -as if- it would have died. Often this appears by having units standing idle or moving into weird locations for no logic reason.

No idea why it is the case. I imagine it isn’t hard to store the balance settings in the specific replay or have a table it can draw the information from.