Cannot open the game 2021

I own both reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne on my account with both keys on my battle.net account. I want to play Frozen Throne multiplayer in order to play defense of the ancients but when I went to download the game, it downloaded the reforged client.

When I open the reforged client, I am greeted with the following message:
“ERROR: THERE WAS AN ERROR IN HANDLING THE REQUEST,” The game then freezes and I am forced to alt+f4.

How can I solve this? Again, I own frozen throne and reign of chaos, I do NOT own warcraft reforged, nor do I plan to. I have owned warcraft reforged before, and chose to refund it, maybe that has something to do with the problem?

Please help!

From a legal standpoint, what you downloaded is Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne. What you see is what you get; this is their future. If you want to play those, then download it again and resolve the error in handling your request.

The only alternative I am aware of is that there is an obscure link to download what you seem to be thinking of as “Reign of Chaos” and “Frozen Throne” from Blizzard and then every time it asks you to update, aggressively deny its request. As far as I know there is only one official Blizzard link to download those legacy applications and it is not publicized and is left as if by accident. If that version is what you want, you should go and find that link.

Reign of Chaos
https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=WAR3&locale=enUS&os=WIN

Frozen Throne
https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=W3XP&locale=enUS&os=WIN

Blizzard Entertainment does not officially endorse these old versions to my knowledge. For all I know, this legacy download could disappear at any moment or by the time you read this message.

Hi Ratera,

Do you have those links for MAC?

i dunno how to get those. Mac doesnt support old games, I dont think it would work. Im pretty sure 1.26 was a PowerPC application, so you cant run it on macs since whenever they dropped support

2 Likes