Can we get quickcast? And Custom Keybinds ingame?

Like hitting keybind to instantly activate.

Rather than selecting target while hitting keybind?

Like for aoe spells?

Also can we get custom keybinds in an ingame option?

Going into files is sometimes confusing for me. And it would be way more convenient to edit ingame then to close and restart.

Only to find out i messed up and reopen another 3 times.

1 Like

Click here to see similar threads —> Search results for 'hotkeys category:5' - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums

Click here for the best hotkey setup ---->

To answer your question, the devs have already confirmed that Reforged will be getting an updated UI for hotkeys just like SCR/SC2… but do not expect them to add quickcast cuz its lame and unnecessary, nobody wants to autocast spells might as well just make workers auto build everything while were at it too, right? Spells like AoE, Healing, Coil, etc require you to CHOOSE where to cast the spell, it cannot be automated

A better improvement would be pre-set control groups —> Pre-set Control Groups in Option - #47 by apocalypse21-1103

1 Like

@wc3tutor

That’s not what quickcast is…

Quickcast is clicking your spell, and instead of clicking a second time on your target to finalize the spell, your spell will be cast where your mouse cursor is. So you just have one action to spellcast instead of two. Either option has it’s pros and cons.

5 Likes

yes I have since learned what “quickcast” actually is in the past 10 months… thanks for creating an account and making that your first post!

its still not going to change the fact that blizzard will not be adding this to the game for at least 2 reasons A) its not within their timeframe B) they dont want to change the gameplay that drastically

IMO and I think most top players would agree, quickcast is great for mobas but its imbalanced in wc3 due to it really being mostly beneficial to nuking heroes, like it would greatly buff bm/mk/pally, coil/nova, etc.

But the game already supports quickcast, if one enables gridhotkeys and changes the text of the file: “Documents\Warcraft III Beta\War3Preferences.txt”

[Commandbar Hotkeys 00]
HeroOnly=0
Hotkey=81
MetaKeyState=0
QuickCast=1

Well good for custom games I think. But definitely not on melee matchmaking

You WC3 purists are so nauseating. Quickcast won’t affect gameplay in any way whatsoever. It’s just a preference, most people don’t even use it. This game’s gonna suck and be dead in less than a month if your lot has their way. Oh, I’m sorry, it won’t be dead. It’ll just go back to the “thriving community” of 50 angry nerds, the way you like it.

4 Likes

Bump. Setting up custom keys in-game is a big priority. Especially if it allow special characters on the keyboard (" < > : and the like)

1 Like

did you read the guide I posted? why did you specifically choose to quote me in a very old thread? blizzard will not be adding quickcast or any other advanced features for hotkey customization

if you want to customize your hotkeys, just read the guide I wrote

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

its right here ^