Campaign Save games DO NOT LOAD after patch 1.32.2

Hi Blizzard,

Is there a fix for the above problem? I saw “the map referenced in this game is on a different map from your hard drive” when I tried to load my in game save during campaign via f10

Via the campaign screen it does not load at all…

Please fix this blizzard, paid good money for this but such broken mess

1 Like

Like with the last patch from a few weeks ago, yesterday’s patch invalidated game saves from previous versions. It is a consequence of changing/fixing map files which makes old saves incompatible with the new versions.

It’s something that everyone has had to deal with.

Saved game doesn’t work!

Since 1.31.1 “Campaign progress will not be lost.” (Didn’t work.)

Are the programmers so STUPID (which you would think not) that they can’t insert a popup window when patching that reads:

“Save game data will be lost after patch Xx.x.x. You must update/patch game to play online. If you are having problems in Campaign check the Patch Notes for fix before updating”

The only choses you give the user (outside of the X in the corner of the window that cancels out window) is:
Use in Offline Mode or Patch Game

Some ppl didn’t buy the game for online game play.
So they are not a Hacking/cheating problem.

p.s. You had to know the patch would screw the save game data Blizzard.

Saves being lost and campaign progress being lost are two separate things.

Indeed, in the first patch, loss of campaign progress wasn’t intended.

However, loss of game saves was intended and was overtly announced for the first patch. Likewise, yesterday’s patch followed suit. It isn’t wholly unexpected in a time when many issues are being addressed, especially map issues that have persisted since the first patch.

1 Like

I also cannot load saves… this is very unfortunate because it basically prevent me from playing the game (i played second act bonus campaign)

same error here

Same error - saving game indicates successful save, but it won’t load the new save

So I as a user of Blizzards product I must take additional steps to insure that the my “saves” are preserved (make sure I am disconnected from the internet before loading game.)

map issues that have persisted since the first patch.
[/quote]

So creating a small program that fixes your “saves” so they continue to work by fixing incorrect info in them, isn’t possible?

Blizzard has always been ahead of the rest and it worries me that they have started dropping the ball. Hope they are not becoming like all the rest (EA especially) and see this as “Business as usual.”

That won’t help if the game is updated. If the client version and the game save version don’t match, it won’t load it no matter if online or offline.

The only thing that can be done is to never allow Reforged online so that it never updates. But there’s two issues with that:

1. There’s lots of bugs right now. Dropping from games, lobby kicks, instant defeats, campaign bugs (like the Bonus campaign, Act 2 where it’s not possible to finish all the objectives), crashes, launching errors, etc. If you don’t update, you’ll have those forever.
  2. If you own Reforged, you’ll lose Reforged mode after 30 days of not logging in. That’s part of the game’s DRM.

None of us here on the outside can make any claims as to what’s possible and what’s not. Without knowing what’s involved, we can’t assert that it could have been done differently. Sure, we can speculate, but speculation isn’t unilaterally the reality.

Yup, same problem here. Except I don’t get an error message at all. It just takes me back to the campaign menu. Haven’t been able to reload a single save since the patch dropped, which sucks because the Rexxar levels are so massive. Reinstalling doesn’t help.

If it’s true that the patch just permanently invalidated all of my old save files, I’d honestly rather just request a refund than have to start that level over. I put hours into that save file.

Tired of this.

It is true that the saved games have been invalidated with the last patch, just like how they were with the first. But, since there seems to be about 3-4ish weeks between patches (so far) and the last was 6 days ago, there should be enough time to start again and finish the Bonus campaign.

Even though the save games are not recoverable, there are some things that can be done to soften the blow when the saves are lost:

Gamesaves are ALWAYS invalidated. It’s a different version of the game. Was like that in classic too. Been like that for every RTS I ever played that got patches and updates. Quit crying/trolling and be happy they’re actually still working on the game.

So just to be clear…Leviathan you do not code or work on the game…and can only “speculate” when answering some of my questions? So your reply was just a reply not actual knowledge of the coding or Blizards’ abilities?

Thanks in advance for being part of the conversation.

[sry in advance if this sounds snotty or something. wrote more than once and don’t know how else to say it]

Right, I’m not involved in game’s development. Most of what I say is based off what Bliz has in various places around the forums.