Campaign re-locked

When i logged in tonight i seem to have lost all my campaign progress as all the portraits in the campaign mission except for the orc tutorial and the 1st human campaign. What gives? All auto-save files of my progress are still there. I got as far as the 3rd level of the TFT human campaign.

By chance, was the last time you played before Feb 24th?

No, this happened today. I was playing, finished mission 2, started mission 3, needed to stop to eat and turned off the computer. A couple of hours later, no progress.

Did you happen to switch between Classic and Reforged modes?

No, i’m always using reforged.

When you say you turned the computer off, did you properly shut the game down first? Or power it down with the game open?

The game was slow, so i Ctrl-Alt-Deleted. It shouldn’t erase ALL my progress though. It makes no sense.

Ah ok. So that sounds similar to reports of people losing progress when the game crashes.

Since progress is stored locally, it’s possible that when the progress files are not properly closed by the client, they are lost or corrupted. If the client is unexpectedly forced closed, those files may not be getting properly closed themselves.

All is not lost though. You can use the cheat codes to return to where you were. Here’s a guide on how to to that.

In short if you put these codes in, you’ll be back to where you were:

motherland human 12
allyourbasearebelongtous
motherland undead 10
allyourbasearebelongtous
motherland orc 10
allyourbasearebelongtous
motherland nightelf 8
allyourbasearebelongtous
motherland nightelfex 10
allyourbasearebelongtous
motherland humanex 3

Not ideal, but it will unlock everything up to the TFT Alliance mission 3.

Ugh, but then i’d lose all my items. I guess i’ll start over from blood elf 1.

Do i have to type those codes in a mission?

Indeed. And getting the the portraits back is a little more involved. If the achievement progress was also lost, you’d have to use allyourbasearebelongtous on every mission. To avoid all that, I’d recommend occasionally backing your progress up. Here’s a guide for that too.

Yeah, just start any mission and paste it into the chat.

Hopefully someday they either make those files less damageable, or they move the progress storage to Battlenet.

lol i can cheat my way into getting achievements and portraits? Hahaha wtf

Yep!
It’s proven useful in one instance so far. The 2nd Act of the Bonus campaign never registers as completed on hard difficulty. So the only way to get the portrait is to use the cheat code.