[Bug Report] Maps with Custom Terrain Textures overridden in HD mode

Toggling “HD” mode will override custom terrain textures in custom-made maps.

Example: Map overrides the entire Cityscape Tileset with modern roads & pavement (using “import file” in World Editor to use exact texture paths as Cityscape tiles). Playing such map in reforged mode will use the default Cityscape tiles instead of the custom modern ones, thus breaking the map theme.

New reforged graphics override these since I think there is a conflict/priority there for the HD textures to override whatever’s in the map. This is an issue with old maps with authors that are no longer around to update them (i.e. re-save map to comply with new texture definitions).

This generally creates an annoying problem: Constantly annoy people to turn off their HD mode when playing the map, an untenable solution (+ you can’t turn off HD mode while already playing map).

Solution: Give map-specific files priority over any default graphics (right now HD > MapDefined > SD, make -> MapDefined > HD > SD).

I suggest moving this topic to the bug report category. I’ve seen Blues be very responsive in that sub forum, whereas here in general discussion it is mostly idle chat.

Edit: Also doesn’t setting the map to SD cause it to disregard the player’s settings?

Edit: I guess you were referring to maps without authors. Sorry I was a bit hasty on my first skim through, but I figured if it was a legitimate bug report my first thought was to suggest moving it.

1 Like

My apologies, I am following Blizzard’s own guidlines for reporting a bug (Reporting a Bug - Blizzard Support - Post bugs in general discussion)

However, I am also unable to post in that other forum even though I pre-purchased (option is “grayed out”).

I had that same issue for a long time. Recently it was fixed. I’m not quite sure how the system determines whether you can post in the other forum.