BSOD with external monitor. Still

I have been working on this off an on for awhile. I will do my best to explain everything.

Alienware 17r3 Gaming laptop.
Nvidia GTX 970M
Intel HD Graphics 530

The game runs great for me. However if I try loading it while plugged into an external monitor. I get a BSOD with the stopcode “Video Scheduler error”. 1 workaround is for me to disable the Intel driver before loading. I became active on forum threads of a few others having the same issue. There fixes didn’t work for me. I had the latest nvidia driver provided on dell’s support site for my model. Dell also gives me the option of trying 3 older drivers.
25.21.14.2546, A06 - 24 Jul 2019 <— BSOD
25.21.14.1972, A05 - 07 May 2019 <— BSOD
23.21.13.9125, A04 - 30 Apr 2018 <— Works!

However this makes all my other games run like crap, due to the older driver from 2018. Ideally I wouldn’t use any of those 3 manufacturer drivers and get the latest stock Nvidia driver. The stock driver sends me to a BSOD also.

I understand that when I plug an external monitor using HDMI. That it uses the Nvidia only. So I am not sure why disabling the Intel drivers works as a work-a-round. Yet whenever I use the laptop screen. The Nvidia renders the graphics and the Intel displays it. They have to work together. So you would think the laptop monitor would be what messes up. However it doesn’t lol.

People in other threads say that they just downloaded the latest Intel driver from Intel’s website. I tried that but get an error telling me I do not meet the minimum requirements for that driver. The Intel support assist program tell’s me I am “Up to date”. I also created a ticket on blizzards site. With an email telling me that there software cannot create this problem. However that didn’t bring me any closer to a solution. I wanted help, not to blame blizzard and get a blow off answer.

I do not have an overheating problem.
BSOD regardless of what external monitor I use.
It only happens with this 1 game out of 300 games between steam and blizzard.
Never had a problem before the reforged update.

Please help!
Thank you.

I suggest you to contact the support

Bluescreens are not supported by Blizzard. Bluescreens will be caused by driver, windows kernel, or hardware issues. These are outside of our scope of support due to the indepth issues that will need to be addresed. Here’s our support article on bluescreen crashes.

Please contact the system manufacturer or a local technician if you are experiencing bluescreens.

This is a known issue, but not caused by Warcraft III. I forget the work around as it was mentioned a few months ago but try disabling the internal display when connected to an external one so only 1 display is active at any given time.

The issue seems to be related to scheduling between Intel and Nvidia drivers when trying to work cooperatively to manage multiple displays.

Thanks for the reply. I was one of the people who figured out that work-around. Its mentioned in my post. However hearing it is a “Known issue” makes me feel a little better. Hopefully it gets sorted out. Maybe someone else will stumble across this post and provide me with a permanent solution. I have been removing and reinstalling drivers in everyway possible. The latest drivers mess up while the older pre 2018 drivers work.