Bring back Mr. Samwise Didier as a supervisor to the Classic Team

I believe if Mr. Didier is in charge and Blizzard implement future patches then game game will reach its glory once again. There is still time to overcome negativity that is what I hope for.

No disrespect to people who tried their best to create the game with better visuals. But the art that Mr. Didier has done over the years shape the Warcraft Franchise that we all know and love.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t put an artist at the head of a development team like I wouldn’t put a dog at the wheel of a forklift.

1 Like

I support this.

THIS GAME LOOKS NOTHING LIKE WARCRAFT.

Put Samwise in charge!!!

1 Like

He did an awesome job on Heroes of the Storm. I don’t understand why they didn’t just use the already existing Heroes models for Reforged. Every single War3 character in Heroes looks amazing. Then just have the Heroes team make the rest of the needed models too.

1 Like

I like how they made some of the characters look more slender. Much more aesthetically pleasing on the eyes. Rather than the bulky, oversized body parts that were hard to look at sometimes.

I did some side-by-side comparisons. The characters look more-or-less the same. What Reforged character looks drastically different from their original/Heroes counterpart? The HotS artists took their own liberties, as many characters are not pure or exact recreations of the WoW models.

I love the graphics and aethstetics. It shines out a lot. I just think it’s apart of the hate and pitchfork going on.

However, I believe latency and framerates should be fixed? Among a few general bugs and bring back stats and it should be back into the blue.

These bulky oversized body parts was a Warcraft style, IMHO it was ok to look at, but normal body parts proportions is not a problem of Reforged actually.
Reforged graphics looks not bad at all, but some models are not distinguishable until they are zoomed in, because they have a lot of small details. Also, they have more ‘photorealistic’ textures (what is far from wc3 and even WoW style). From the default bird’s-eye view units blend in with the background or with itself.

Reforged VS Hots Models - Side by Side Comparison
Don’t you think that almost every HotS model looks way better for WarCraft style and RTS detail level in this comparison? Especially Sylvanas, Gul’dan, Arthas, Kel’Thuzad, Rexxar, Lunara. Yes, they look similar, but their differences are crucial.

As many Reforged models, it is not supposed to be a pure recreation of WoW models.