Brightness/Gamma WC3

Hello,
Before the 1.32 update, i used to be able to set a launch option in my wc3 so i could adjust the brightness setting in video.

In the new client, everything is extremely dark (my laptop brightness is at max already) and i can’t find a way to brighten my wc3 up?

any help appreciated

3 Likes

Hello, I hope you’re still around so you can read this.

I had this same problem for a while, but I figured out that you can simply enter your graphics card’s control panel (like Radeon settings) and increase the brightness using the option found in display > additional settings > desktop colour. Nvidia has the same thing, so poke around to find it.

When you’re done playing you can revert the brightness back to its original value.

I hope this helps.

I have the EXACT same issue. Everything in the game is so dark I can barely see anything.

Also wondering where the button to reset in-game options went? It’s there for SC, SCII, and DIII.

I have the same problem as well, during the day it seems alright, but it gradually change, as the night approach, to completely dark.

Just wanted to leave a note that I have the same problem, things look way too dark. If there’s any info the devs need to debug, I’m happy to provide them.

I’m starting to wonder… why is it Blizzard Entertainment make things hard for us? I’m sure it has something to do with Activision!

It’s possible to use ReShade to increase the brightness.

Ignore the preset stuff. If you follow the tutorial, you will be able to install it properly. You can check out the settings then and find the brightness slider.