Brian Sousa

He probably left , because of the hardcore trash talking about the art , hmm??

2 Likes

Or maybe he left because he didn’t get the beta? :grimacing:

10 Likes

Most of the models we see in the beta are directly imported from WoW (like crypt fiend) and modified to an extent to match the original warcraft 3 in terms of silhouette and animations. Not much work done there. Then you have the extremely bad color palette and textures that are more dead inside than the pixels they represent.

On top of that there’s the outrage about how the game looked in the 2018 demo vs. how it looks now. Day an night difference. So with all this being said, I’m not surprised at all that the lead artist left. He either left cause of the criticism, or cause Actiblizzard didn’t let him do his own thing. Either way, he’s probably better off somewhere else.

1 Like

Not sure someone would ever leave because of the criticism made in this forum

Can you actually make a side-by-side comparison of this? I am not at all convinced they are the same. I’ll grant you that they might look similar from a bird’s eye camera. But are they really the same, or are you just trying to upset people?

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/886295.jpg
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/773358.jpg

1 Like

None of the models were imported from WoW.

Shame on you for spreading lies.

1 Like

That’s just not true.
You didnt even do the effort to check up on this did you?

Are you and “all the models are HOTS models” guy sharing notes now?

2 Likes

you know that the art for wc3r was not made by blizzard and instead sub contracted out too a malasyan company called lemon sky studio right.

It’s most likely that the Classic Games team sat down, bashed out all the character concepts and final reference sheets, sent the final designs to LemonSky, LemonSky produced the models, sent those assets back, and Classic Games animated them.

I don’t know about that, with the patches being released late during the day 6pm+
last patch was at 9pm local time, (which coincidently is during Malasyan office times) I would wager that Lemon Sky Studio has a larger part too play in the development of W3R than we are being led too believe.

Yes. They do have a large part, you’re right. It’s making the hundreds of models this game has.

2 Likes

I heard it was somewhere in the thousands.

a lot of people have been leaving blizzard he was just another person that is gone
blizzard hasn’t made any good games in a while and it obviously couldn’t go on for much longer without changes
let’s hope he’ll be replaced by someone better, instead of just being replaced by someone cheaper

Chris Metzen left because of comments in this forum.

He was just head of his time.

The art is pretty good, the graphics not.
Sadly out of there is full of stupid purist with potato PC.

The outsourcing is done by multiple companies, of which Lemonsky is one of them, but not the only one.

Source- Grubby said so on a stream

Grubby’s a cool guy and all but why can’t we just get all this information straight from Blizzard?

Because if the make even a single blue post when they confirm at least one of The thing we speculate a lot of people will refound. If the blizzard give a blue post of The campaign The people Who preorder Reforged and still hope for something new will refund The Game.

If you make a blue post about the skin or about The fact that is a 50/50 opportunity to take The gender you want from Dh and Dk and is not a pre selection that you can select before The match a lot of people will refund The Game.

They aim low so a lot of people will wait The release and when The Game is released you can’t refound anymore.

Very subtle, very simple.

1 Like

The problem with official announcements over minor things is people will only use it against Blizzard rather than accepting it as common knowledge.

Example
Blizz - hey everyone! We are glad to announce we are partnering with “X” “Y” and “Z” studios for Reforged! They do high quality work and will speed up our development time to get it out to all the fans!

Fan1 - This is a bad sign, Blizzard can’t even do their own art any more

Fan2 - No wonder this looks like a Chinese mobile game

Fan3 - Blizzard is losing money they are using cheaper artists to do the game

1 Like