Bought WC3 a few years ago now cant PLAY

Hi, guys! I bought warcraft 3 on battlenet a few years ago when it was being sold for like 10$ or so. Ive always had access to it untill now. Now when I try to download I am just linked to Warcraft 3 Reforged. Am I seriously being denied access to a product I paid for only a few years ago?? Anyone know if there is a way to get it working? I don’t want to play the reforged trash. I want the cd key and product I paid for on my account. I cant believe if this is actually happening then I litterally have had a product I paid for taken away from me and not for some bannable offense.

4 Likes

U can still play warcraft 3 classic, the problem is that u have to install 30 gb update.

And there are other ways to play the old game too ofc.

1 Like

Can I play it without purchasing reforged? I went to the page where I used to download it and it just links me to the battlenet client undert the WC3 reforged download tab. I would be eternal grateful if someone told me how to download classic. Thanks so much for responding

If you have a cd key I believe you can use one of the old installers for patches prior to reforged. Just don’t go to battlenet. You need 1.27 or earlier as a patch.

1 Like

This is their scam to reel you into buying reforged. Apparently you can play it somehow by downloading the new UI or something but I haven’t figured it out nor will I bother. I’m done with this poo poo company…

1 Like

You can’t officially play the old Warcraft 3 client anymore since Reforged released. However, there are ways to play the old Warcraft 3 client (not BNET though).

Check out this thread: For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3 - #34 by GiantAxe-1156170

1 Like

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY FvG FFS!!!

1 Like

You can also download the PTR version
OMG! I can go back to Classic TFT now. Everyone Come read! :D :) - #68 by Samuro-21639

1 Like

Basically they stole your product and are now forcing you to shell $30 more to be able to play the game you already own! Welcome to Blizzsucks 2020. I stand with blizzchung!

3 Likes

You just have to download the warcraft 3 reforged as it has an option to switch back to old graphics. You should be able to do it without having access to warforged.

1 Like