Blizzard, why?

Why does my internet slow down and start making every other game I am online on LAG, including WoW classic, AFTER I boot up warcraft 3 reforged?

It starts choking my internet Removed.

6 Likes

Howdy!

When searching for a custom game make sure to review the Ping indicator on the right side. If it’s red try to find a game in the green. This is likely a general connection issue. Other troubleshooting I would recommend are the following:

1. Shut down the PC. Power Cycle the home network’s modem and router to refresh the connection to all devices on the network and to the Internet Service Provider. Steps on how to do this can be found Here.

2. Once the network is back online, turn back on the PC. Flush the DNS cache using the commands Here.

If the issue continues you can run a 10 minute WinMTR to host IP: 37.244.28.40 Post the results back here. The big unknown factor will be the games you are connecting to though if they are red in latency that will increase the odds of connection issues greatly.

Thank you.

Thanks for the news but this is unrelated to custom games, the lag starts when I start the game (launch warcraft 3 reforged). I noticed it today when booting up the campaign, this was also happening during the beta.

I think it has to do with the fact that the menu is using a browser tech.

This is horrible, not only Warcraft Reforge slow, but it also drags down other game with it. And before you say “It’s my internet” …I’m sorry but I can play Hearhstone and Heroes of the Storm just fine. Until I launch your stupid Warcraft Reforge game, now my Hearthstone and HotS also lag until I restart my PC. This is the WARCRAFT REFORGE PROBLEM, not other games, not people’s computer, not people’s internet. Why can’t you accept the fact Warcraft Battlenet is just bad.

3 Likes

Yep deffo only happening with wc3 reforged.

1 Like

More importantly blizzard why cant i use cheats in custom games against the AI only. Why is there no single player mode for 1v1 against the AI?

Denny,

Without the winMTR test we requested above, we can’t diagnose this in more detail. Typically a full internet slowdown is related to getting bandwidth choked or something weird going on with your connection to your router, both of which we can usually see with the winMTR. If you’d like us to look into this more, that information will let us see if we can find more options for you to try to get things back to normal.

Its not something weird going on with WC3 Reforged though, obviously, it has to be your router or your own problem. ActiBlizz is so smart and clever.

I had no issues last couple of days, seems to work well now, must have been something strange going on.

Thanks anyway.

i have the same problem, before launching warcraft i can download at 100 megabit after launching warcraft 3 reforged my connection drops to 8 megabit. explain WTF is this game doing, such poor optimization wtf

I have the same problem, running internet speed test before and after launching warcraft 3 shows a clear drop in speed of a 10x factor. WTF is wrong with this game why have you made such poor game optimisation

Please do not necro old threads

The thread you are replying to is over 3 years old. If you are experiencing an issue and there is not an active thread, it is best to start a new thread. Any information from a 3 year old thread is not likely going to apply to a current situation.

1 Like