Blizzard, Just tell us what's going on

I don’t think it would be hard to say what exactly it is you are working on. Even if you are struggling with something, there’s no shame in that. Say we have a problem with X or Y.

You are being given sh1t exactly because you don’t say anything at all. Say something. The state of beta is so worrying that none of us know how the hell you’re going to pull one out of your a$$ by January 28th.

33 Likes

every day at least 3 more whine threads. Nice

4 Likes

Not whining. I’m just trying to know exactly what I’ve paid for over a year ago. And don’t tell me to get a refund.

And please. Shill out man…

18 Likes

Than do it in another of the 100+ existing threads.

Gosh blizz listen if you would read the beta bug report thread for example.

My beta runs very well and smoothly. I never had any kind of crashes or freezes. Only some costum maps causes performance issues and thats not blizzs fault.

Then whose fault is that? EA?

6 Likes

You know that blizzs costum maps works fine?
Ist not blizzs fault when the creators dont polish their maps for reforged.

I’m happy that everything runs smoothly for you.

3 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/beta-known-issues-list/7961

I mean, I think they make it pretty clear right there what is in the works. If you have an issue with something and it is not on that list, bring it to their attention in the bug report forums. This section of the forums is mostly for crying, which gets you no where.

1 Like

It’s amazing how much having a routine reddit AMA and a Monthly Road Map helped fans feel included and measure expectations with Hitman 2

3 Likes

Even if they wanted to, they can’t due to gag orders by the Blizz execs.

the latest patch took a lot of my concerns away, game runs much better now. I still have complaints with the UI seeming outdated, and the terrain graphics. Hopefully they are working on this.

this ain’t whining, This is a truth they are silent as a deadbody since 2018.

12 Likes

im pretty sure they cant fix the game until release and the game will be trashed by honest reviewers anyway. you know its bad if the wc3 addict grubby plays two games on the newest patch and then switches to a different game.

if its unplayable and the ESL wc3 tournaments need to be played in classic LAN or W3 Arena or other 3rd party hosting instead, that would actually be hilarious.

they should have announced they need another 6 months for quality reasons and talk to the beta community.

on a side note, a simple “ok recognized” would be enough to not let the working beta testers feel like clowns.

4 Likes

Oh I fully agree with what they should’ve done. But I’m trying to distinguish between business mgmt types that are unfamiliar, ignorant, or incompetent, to make proper decisions. I’m just not blaming the Devs here, they obviously aren’t allowed to communicate on these terms and have to get their official wording approved by higher ups.

IMO, the problem of the outdated graphics is not related to lazyness or lack of interest of the devs, it’s because they faced that add high poly models to an old engine is not working well because the engine have its limitations and old architecture, so in order to keep compatibility with the SD version, they cannot move very far from this point… So I think this is the reason of why the enviroment is so poor and have huge fps drops in more complex assets, like bridges.

If this is the case I prefer to wait more, as we can already play in the beta, but if the engine can’t be upgraded in order to keep compatibility, I prefer a newer non compatible version but with high quality vs a compatible version with boring graphics

Yeeeeahhhh. About that. Have you seen how the community is reacting to anything comming from Blizzard at the moment? i doubt anything will satisfy the fans besides a full release. Right now the best solution is to power trough all the work thats ahead of them!

Just get a stable release. And then add features and all the other good stuff!.
BUT DON’T neglect the game blizzard i have big respect for what you’re doing right now. But if you “forget” the game after release i’m going to be mad! And you better make a good launch announcement.

1 Like

hell yeah well said, I also pointed out but the grubby cult came with their knives stating its just he don’t want to get burnt out lol.

i dont know whether all these issues can be fixed by breaking compatibility with classic, maybe the engine is just not in a usable or upgradable state and needs either to be completely rewritten or the assets and “game” need to be ported over to a new, more capable engine.

but at this point anyone interested in playing warcraft will upgrade to reforged, if it truly offers more value over classic. they could leave the old bnet online for a couple of years, but over time ppl interested in warcraft would switch over.

if keeping compatibility brings alot of caveats, the team should drop it and rather make a good reforged than bad classic and bad reforged.

however, i dont know if reforged can be a worthy replacement. alot of stuff we have seen, that is not engine related, seems to point in a different direction.
theres some good and some bad in reforged, but at this point its more of a downgrade except for fps with classic assets and the necro change revert and the new music.

The biggest problem now is the graphics, the game is running smooth after the last patch. But for now they just need fix the graphics, lighting, terrain, and the UI! I hope! You can do it! Thanks