Blizzard Do Not Make The Map Look Like WoW

There is not even a playable game at this point. This is all vaporware. Have you tried logging in?

Nope. I’m waiting for Reforged, I’m not interested in WC3. I just want to mod the game.

Change NOTHING ?

ok lets see how would this end up.

1 - bots still held monopoly over the top custom games played and lesser/newer maps had no chance to compete.

2 - non of the new naitives to codes, and GUI for triggering would have been add.

3 - Not sure if it was for better or worse but i was downright sick of the balance status in 1.28 base.

4 - The communities spirit was there but it was very lowkey and alot of the new people that came and started projects because of the constant updates would have never come.

5 - ultimately that hole in alot of peoples heart that this great game would get some love after dota left it in the dust would have never been filled… and would slowly join the legends of past like Command and Conquer and Dawn of War 1.

In other news however, they did some server cleanup, most peoples pings should be better then what it usually was.

1 Like

Guys, I have understood now why there was no zoo in the Reforged demo in 2018!

Because there were no creatures ready at the time!

I’m fully expecting there to be a zoo in Stratholme on release! High expectations, yay!

2 Likes

Ugh. Now you’re hyping me up to wanting to see giraffes and hippos and all sorts of other animals that Blizzard introduced in WoW that we haven’t seen before in WC3.

I’m gonna be so disappointed when it doesn’t happen.

The only creature I care is about is the Fallen Titan Skink.

I think they said in one of the interviews that there’s not going to be a zoo in Stratholme. And to be honest, it never made any sense anyway… :smiley:

Replay the mission OP, you’ll be bored to actual tears.

Thats a very good observation. I agree completely.

Speaking as somebody who will miss the Zoo and the massive layout of the city:

Gameplay-wise… I think the redesign is a good move.
Aesthetically I’m against it but gameplay should trump aesthetics.

2 Likes

I’m actually a bit surprised anyone would argue for the aesthetic of the previous map. The greek archways and pillars didn’t match up with the west european houses imo.

2 Likes

The Classic version of the campaign is being included with Reforged, OP. You didn’t need to make this thread.

1 Like

People here crying about the zoo seem to have forgotten that Stratholme was a bayside city literally just by the shore and no one seems to care that it was retconned in WC3

If there’s anything more annoying that WoW and Blizzard bootlickers, it’s the WC3 purists themselves

1 Like

Didn’t Dalaran used to be shaped like a cross in WC2 as well?

2 Likes

Yes, and the Tomb of Sargeras was literally a brownish desert island with no actual temple, just a small hill

WC3 retconned WC2

WC3 is not canon

1 Like

They took the zoo also :sob:
Actually, I don’t mind if the mission will be more interesting
The original was very bothersome, did your know about bandit camp near your base? I found out recently
Just add the freaking rain, it’s canon

1 Like

They should add in the infinite dragonflight, and if you beat the mission in under 30 you get a bronze drake mount for Arthas

Mate I’m not comparing the 2 of course WoW like maps will sure win and I want to see them in every single campaign mission but what I suggested is to keep the integrity, honor what survived for so long and BTW changing the map means difficulty change without question (not arguing about harder or easier). This way people would be able to experience the original with updated graphics + extra work, and this project is a just updating the graphics than anything else (not over changing everything to meet WoW story or representation)

Last thing, The founding of Durotar campaign wasn’t actually planned just a passionate developers asked for the chance and look what we got, an amazing campaign with sorta Single player action RPG style, dont you want to see all the campaigns have somewhat a similar take (as an addition to how they are originally played ?).

How are you replying to? You’ve quoted yourself.

Why do you think so? I’m quite sure 90% of the people buying Refoged buy it for the campaign. Why else? If you have been playing it, why would you buy new graphics?

How are you replying to? You’ve quoted yourself.

That was for “Butcher”

You don’t have to be a WoW player to appreciate new map layout - even if it now resembled one from WoW. What was so special about the original map that it has to be kept? As pointed out already, the new map has a lot advantages and is improved in many other ways too. The fact that is resembles WoW Stratholme is kind of a bonus (or a con to purists) on the side. I’d imagine they are going to change many of the other maps to be more streamlined and make more sense gameplay-wise, too. And they don’t necessarily have to resemble WoW map.

I’m quite sure 90% of the people buying Refoged buy it for the campaign.

same here I’m too buying it for the campaign but still want those who never played the original at least to appreciate it with the addition of WoW like representation. However I think the custom maps are going to benefit from the graphics upgrade (even if alone) because some maps have huge depth complexity to them (or high learn curve) and would sure benefit too from the engine update, although there are currently in the original maps that use literally WoW models in them what I mean is for long the maps size were limited to 8MB so that was the actual limitation of you could do with the game but now that limit increased (hope Reforge’s is even higher if possible).

But there is the base game which is the build tech up and defeat your opponent (how the game was designed to be played) and they said as we are linking the two games together the core mechanics of the 2 has to be and behave the same way (I’m actually doubting if it’s a good move since it could limit the possibility of giving certain unit some a bit more creative/cooler look), this example can be seen first with the Militia peasant in Reforge it seems that it look that it could use faster attacks (or animations to better represent it) however due how the game mechanics work it’s not viable since give it lower attack but faster attack speed might not very well (will sure not) pan out with how other mechanics works.

-Still really doubting if that link was a good move but nonetheless to me it seems like a hindrance to Reforge possibilities-