Black Screen Issue 2020

Im having the infinite Black Screen issue, where you get the sound and glove curser on the all black screen.

Yes i have exhausted my resources after spending hours searching threads all over the internet etc etc

Note : i have not purchased the new reforged. i have it downloaded per my purchase years ago. i actually meant only to use the world editor which worked fine, even has all the updates, new graphics etc etc. but when i went to test it i got the black screen. thats when i tried to actually launch the game and saw the black screen there as well.

i have two questions

1. do i need to purchase reforged to play or more specificaly the editor? i can live with just that lol as long as i can test/ play my own.

2. if i do download the new reforged, will that solve the black screen issue? if not how can i solve it?

Note: Ive done the whole windows 7 service pack 1 download as well as follow all the steps for those with NVIDIA

you need to update to a newer operating system, as the game no longer works in windows 7.

did you get this fixed ? i have same issue.

Hey there! I’ve moved this post to a new thread, as we want to discourage bumping old inactive threads. Let’s go ahead and have you post a ‘DxDiag’ so we can get a better idea as to what is causing the black screen issue. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

3 posts were split to a new topic: [MUFFINTIME] Black screen