Beyond disappointed in Warcraft 3 Reforged

I don’t even know how to start this. I am aware this is a long time after I bought the game but I have never been able to play the game properly.

The original Warcraft 3 was one of my favourite games as a kid and this remaster literally just took a huge steaming pile of crap on my chest. Every time I play it, it freezes, stops responding and literally bricks my computer to the point where I have had to force restart my computer at least 10 times (honest swear to god no exaggeration here) and run diagnostics for my computer to reboot properly. After 18 months of the game being out you can’t even implement an invite system that works.

Before anyone calls me out for having a potato pc my pc is brand new with a 3070 graphics card and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU and 16GB of RAM so Warcraft 3 Reforged should be able to run with no problems at all. My computer has no problems running WAY more demanding games like Half-Life Alyx in VR, Flight Simulator and Cyberpunk 2077. You really messed up here Blizzard and I don’t know how you messed up so much. Do you not have testers employed at all?

I have never in my 24 years of gaming felt so compelled to write such a hate-induced review of a game. This is a pathetic attempt of a remaster and game you should 100% be ashamed of yourselves. I have tried every suggestion under the sun that is mentioned on google to try and fix the constant crashes I have 1 minute into every game I start. Can I please just demand a refund? I’m done trying and this attempt to remaster one of my favourite games is enough to make a grown man cry. You really had to ruin my childhood didn’t you?

If anyone here is thinking about getting this game please just avoid it like the plague. You will be so much happier about life. Don’t bother with this lazy attempt of a game as it’s honestly relying on your nostalgia as a cash grab. I’m never buying a Blizzard game ever again in my life. I hope your company goes down in a fiery blaze so I can laugh at you while it happens

2 Likes

These are contradictory. If your computer does not have any problems then it would not be crashing in such a way. You also cannot compare the stability of one game to another as they might stress hardware in significantly different ways.

Fundamentally user level application cannot, or at least should not, be able to cause the problems described no matter how poorly they are written. The operating system makes sure of that. When such symptoms do occur, then either there is a driver bug (not the application developer’s direct problem, although many will still help resolve it with the driver developers) or the hardware is unstable. Hardware may be stable with 1 type of workload and not stable for another, especially if overclocked (even by the factory).

You can try, but you will need to contact support about that. Still I do not entirely think it is fair blaming Warcraft III when something clearly is not working correctly with your system, be it driver or hardware.