Being brainless fan of old lore is stupid

So wait… how am I the bully? I’m not the one telling people that liking old lore is stupid.

3 Likes

If you have to ask that question maybe you should reread your contributions in this thread.

I’m going to use the word ‘contributions’ lightly here.

You’re telling liking new lore and new Blizzard is stupid in the first place

1 Like

That’s more of a retaliation than anything. Not me being a bully.

Besides, would a bully ever apologize for anything? In my experience, they wouldn’t.

4 Likes

And making novel a canon part of Reforged is what will game better for a new audience. Even if there will be an option to swotch campaings - it’s still good

2 Likes

If it got people off their back, maybe.

You do seem unsettled that it’s kind of turning around on you.

Well, I would say Legion was great. BfA is quite cheap. Not only Horde was unnaturally traitorous(After all, Jaina’s death was the best thing that could happen to them. Baine killed Horde soldiers so he was open traitor. Why did everyone cheer from him?), some of them had weird new characteristics(Lor’themar never talked with Baine but suddenly he was his friend.), certain characters got weird temporary power ups(Nathanos was the funniest) and many of them were really inconsistent(Saurfang hired assassins to kill Malfurion but he didn’t dare to kill him because it was not honorable.). Not to mention the fact that Azshara and N’zoth deserved more than being side story.

1 Like

Not even then, dude. A bully would NEVER apologize. They’d just walk away, sulk, and then try again later.

Look, I know what it’s like to be looking forward to something only to have that something be cancelled; I’m sorry you guys are feeling those feels right now. In this particular instance, however, I feel it was for the best. Nothing you can say will change my mind and CLEARLY nothing I say will change yours. So why bother?

Wait, what?

1 Like

This exact question can be asked of you in regards to your participation.

You got what you were looking forward to. The original campaign is not being replaced or rewritten. It is still playable.

Because up to now I thought something could actually be accomplished?

2 Likes

The switch was in datamined beta.

“was” is the main thing here

So what do you think you were going to accomplish?

1 Like

I think it still is.

The Reforged campaign wasn’t cut completely. We’re still getting map changes and lore character cameos; just nothing that would require Blizzard to completely re-do the vanilla voice acting.

So what do you think you were going to accomplish?

Well, I was hoping to eventually make it to the point where I was able to say what I said right above this quote but I wanted to vent my frustration on people who were belittling people who liked good writing first.

2 Likes

That’s not enough…

2 Likes

Sylvanas had brilliant plan(that she obviously told to everyone because apparently Alliance doesn’t have spies in Zuldazar) to kill Jaina. Baine spoiled everything to save her. Everyone approved that, even Talanji whose city was sacked by Jaina just few moments earlier.

And I think the switch was the best option.

It’s almost like people that wanted more changes are understandably upset, like people that wanted as close to no changes as possible.

1 Like

It’s like they don’t get the point of an RTS game. RTS games aren’t designed for that level of intimate storytelling. For that, you’d need a single-player offline RPG.

Even if what Blizzard wrote was good, it wouldn’t fit the format. At all.

3 Likes

You know for the longest time it wasn’t a genre issue but a medium issue and yet look at what kind of storytelling is coming from video games in general these days.

To say that RTS games can’t have intimate (or generally impactful, my words inserted here) storytelling on a Blizzard forum is kind of funny. Starcraft 1 comes to mind.