Being brainless fan of old lore is stupid

Personally I count WoD as the point of no return, all events before was acceptable, but after, the snowball of story errors starts to destroy lore. Legion was destroyed too easy, and don’t made any harm to Azeroth (while previous invasions were disastrous for Azeroth), alternate universes, Sylvana’s genious mind and baby titans are also not good things.
If they restart warcraft from some point (end of TFT or maybe earlier or later) it could resurrect Warcraft. But for now, it’s dreams. Because they even can’t bring something new in reforge, most likely we wouldn’t have new campaigns as DLC, so, at least for now, Warcraft as RTS is dead for Blizzard.

I know but Warcraft 3 in its current state – even with Reforged’s minor changes – will permit me to ignore the travesty that is post-TBC WoW altogether.

I can’t ignore it if they put lore introduced with post-TBC WoW into WC3.

Well Sargeras wound up impaling Azeroth and the ramifications of it set the precedent for the entire following expansion. With Azeroth bleeding out and shooting Azerite every which way, it was what even incited war between the Alliance and Horde again for how… awfully short it was.

Again. Not all of it’s from WoW though.

All the additions WOULD HAVE BEEN from WoW.

They can’t add stuff from Warcraft 3 into Warcraft 3 because it’s ALREADY in Warcraft 3.

You know this how?

Where the f–k else would it be from?!

Literally everything published these days relating to Warcraft lore is using the WoW logo. That means it’s from WoW and they’re using it to design WoW.

They always can invent new additions, but I not sure it will give us a better result.

It won’t. It’ll give us the same result because it’s the same damn writing team.

Look - I want whats best for this game
New audience will play new,more emotional and canon story that will gave them an awesome experience and maybe even interest them in RTS
And the Old Audience can play the old one as much as they want

Novels, short stories, animatics, comics/graphic novels, manga, whatever other media they’ve used for currently canon entries.

And World of Warcraft is a part of the Warcraft series.

WoW retcons himself every patch, so I will not surprised if they was going retcon WoW in Reforged.

You’re dodging the point again.

Post-TBC WoW lore sucks. ALL of it. Period. I don’t want any hint of it in Warcraft 3 Reforged.

I’m fine with map changes. I’m fine with cameo appearances from lore characters who were supposed to have been present originally. I’m NOT fine with new writing being thrown in because that new writing will suck.

1 Like

I’m dodging it, you’re isolating everything when it’s all under the same umbrella with few exceptions. We’re meant for each other, clearly.

This is not a point if this is the point you think I’m dodging. This is an opinion and also one that throws the baby out with the bathwater.

So what if it’s my opinion? Am I suddenly not allowed to have one?

You’re not going to change my stance on this. I hate modern WoW and what it’s become. I hate the modern lore. I don’t want any hint of it in Reforged.

And no, I couldn’t just ignore the original Reforged campaign because it would STILL BE THERE STARING ME IN THE FACE. It needs to not exist. Period. And I’m glad it doesn’t exist.

If you people can’t take the compromise that we ARE getting, then I feel sorry for you. Because you’re no better than the purists out there who are upset a compromise is even being had at all.

1 Like

You are allowed to have your opinion - but not forcing blizzard to downgrade the Lore back to naive and goofy 2003

I did nothing of the kind. I was actually defending the original Reforged campaign once upon a time, believe it or not.

Yeah I’ve changed my tune since then but it’s MY tune. I’m allowed.

You’re telling that your opinion is better than the others and the Blizzard themself

We’ve been over this before. You are. So is the OP. But sometimes the delivery is important as to not have the voice discarded.

That’s fine, it’s not my place to. I’m just highlighting the absurdity of saying something is excluded just because of a personal dislike even though the owners of the IP have made their own exclusions (Hearthstone, the movie, the tabletop RPG) of what is or isn’t part of the series canon.

Fantastic. You have voiced it. It’s clear you’re worked up so my personal tip would be that departing from the thread may be best since it seems like even a compromise of ideas (because the likeliness of any further revisions of the campaign one way or the other are minimal due to where we’re at on the development timeline with the currently expected release date window) is unlikely.

It would save you some grief or any headaches.

This is a personal choice. You are the one who would choose to acknowledge it even though you would never have to click on it or delve into it any further than the first mouse click.

I personally am okay with anything on the spectrum for a Reforged campaign. Just visuals? Cool, fresh coat of paint. Some changes to geography and cutscenes? Thank you, you guys didn’t have to do that. A fully gels-with-current-modern-canon campaign? Absolutely baller.

You’re doing the exact same thing to me, so best not to point fingers.

I’m defending the game the way it was made by Devs,you’re don’t give a s-it about the others and tells them to Degraded a perfect remaster