Being brainless fan of old lore is stupid

Yes. They are.

Didn’t you hear? They’re making it all one client being run through the Battle.net launcher. Like SCR.

2 Likes

Oh they’re joining clients. I didn’t know that was deleting the product entirely and renders the original campaigns completely unplayable as well as also changing the online experience (with exception to Reign of Chaos online play, disabling that is still puzzling even though I could guess the playerbase for that wasn’t that large).

That doesn’t make it right though… xD

Personally still have yet to see any evidence supporting this.
Someone spread a rumour on the forum, so until we see anything official take that with a pinch of salt :stuck_out_tongue:

News outlets and social media also won’t give a damn about Classic Warcraft 3 or its campaign when Reforged launches. In fact, Classic War3 might as well cease to exist entirely when Reforged launches as far as the general population is concerned.

The game’s reputation will be ruined if modern Blizzard writing makes it in.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s genuinely the first instance of rendering an aspect of one of their games unplayable. Which is strange for having just released all their older titles on GOG.

Saying the entire game’s reputation hinges on the campaign is disregarding the custom scene and melee play.

Because news outlets and social media don’t give a damn about that. Who do you think shapes public opinion? It ain’t a bunch of content creators in a forum vacuum.

2 Likes

Warcraft lore already has a bad reputation, and if they will make bad lore changes in reforge, you can still say that it is modern writers fault and old was better, so reputation of warcraft lore does not change.

Honestly I keep deleting and retyping my post because I’m kind of baffled by the train(s?) of thought you’ve been having this whole way through. Like I’ve hit full stop here because I have no idea how to proceed or engage anymore in this downward cynical spiral.

Sorry, realist spiral.

But the Classic version will still be irrelevant.

I want Reforged to be as good as possible so Warcraft 3’s reputation remains untarnished, if that means playing it safe and being faithful to the original version of the game when it comes to the narrative then so be it.

2 Likes

Warcraft 3 is more than the campaign. It absolutely includes it but is not strictly defined by it.

Depends who you ask.

I personally have no love for multiplayer. Never have.

In fact the only reason I’m not playing the beta right now is because all it is, is multiplayer. With a bunch of rando’s I don’t give a damn about.

I’d rather be testing the campaign to make sure the triggers and whatnot are working properly.

1 Like

I think it’s a little more clear cut than “depends who you ask”. Saying it’s only the campaign is being ignorant of how long the WCG was a thing for the competitive multiplayer and how influential a lot of custom games were for influencing other, future games.

But the campaign was a big part of why Warcraft 3 continues to be held in high regard by many people. In fact if it weren’t for the campaign those custom games might as well not exist either since a few of them help build on the lore.

And most of them build on it better than Blizzard has in recent years.

2 Likes

Exactly. A part. But not the absolute indisputable be-all-end-all.

Let me put it to you this way – nobody wants to play a game with a poorly-written campaign. Not unless they never cared about lore anyway, and in that case I don’t even know why they’d be bothered with the campaign being largely untouched save for a few modifications.

2 Likes

If this was true in any way, shape, or form then video games wouldn’t be as far along as where they are in this day and age. You ever play some of those old ones?

Tell me about that deep Pong narrative.

Wow, way to go to irrelevant extremes, dude.

You can run along now, I’m done talking to you.

1 Like

That’s why it needs a new canon - Because classic is already poorly-written

1 Like

Sure thing Captain “Everything I Don’t Personally Approve Of Is Garbage And Unfit For Consumption”.

1 Like

Classic is better-written than modern.

3 Likes