Before you folks get too angry

The problem about checking the product is that this was supposed to be just a “reforge” of the graphics. So you may think “why not!”. If you see, all the problems seems to be related to the popular way in which “social features” needs to be implemented now and the “let’s remove client independency trend”. That’s the main difference between this and the old game. I guess we need to find out how to remove all this and just get the graphic for the old one, like in the good old times^^

Wow, this thread has doubled the responses of of my top thread and in just two hours.

And all i did was suggest we take it easy before getting ready to lynch the company…

lol, I love your humor

You are the worst kind of shill.

2 Likes

Right? Are people forgetting that A. They paid money for this and B. Blizzard pushed back the release date because they weren’t happy with its quality … AND we still get this garbage product.

Well blame them for delaying it for one month FROM WHICH 2 weeks went away because of the holidays xD

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% down for a good ol-fashioned lynching if they don’t fix this nonsense posthaste.
But give em a chance to do it y’know?

So do any of you ever actually cite what you were “promised” vs what you were “given” or is this just a bunch of people going “WAAAAAHHHHHHH, we hate blizzard so this sucks!”

Sooo… no, you’re not going to cite anything and just spout things.

RoC and TFT are old AF, of course they were going to remove access to it on their servers and replace both with reforged because it’s going to have more up to date security. You still can use the only graphics from my understanding. Old custom maps that don’t work anymore? Say it ain’t so. Oh wait… that was a thing that happened with basically every major patch when RoC and TFT were new.

I cite stuff all the time, Just check thread history.
Particularly in the topic HERE’S BLIZZARDS REAL MISTAKE.
Where I go through and rattle off a bunch of things that are getting peoples goats right now while trying to determine precisely where and when it all went wrong.

Turns out mentioning specifics and such is a about as good as pointlessly whining for all it got us in the end.

Spring 2019: Don’t be worried about their lack of updates. Just be patient.

Summer 2019: Stop complaining about lack of updates, wait for beta. You haven’t even played this game, how can you judge it?

October 2019: This is only the beta! There will be improvements.

December 2019: Guys, this is NOT the final game. This game is not finished, of course it’s going to have problems.

Today: Guys, this is only Day 1, of course it’s going to have problems. Give them a few days to sort things out.

A few weeks from now: This game has only been out a few weeks, give them some time to sort through the bugs. We are getting fixes in the patches. Blizzard will keep supporting this game for years. Give it a year!

2021: Okay, this game isn’t perfect, but Blizzard is still supporting it with occasional patches. This game is really 18 years old and it’s still getting patches! What other companies support a game for almost twenty years, huh? You should be grateful.

4 Likes

Here’s the thing though that bugs me about most of the complaints here. Even in the beta, I never encountered them. Didn’t have lag other than in 4v4 and even then just minor unit lag. Never had the game crash, only ever had 1 game fail to start.

People complaining about no longer being about to launch the original WC3 are kind of amusing to me. Why would Blizzard keep letting you access an older less secure version of their game through their servers? Of course they were always going to remove access to the old stuff. Also it making old custom maps no longer work is going to be par for the course as many major patches broke custom maps back in the day. It’s like being surprised that water is wet.

I think you nailed it

I made a video of the first time I played the game, just recording everything I did. I ran into bugs left and right literally everywhere and many features did not work: Launch Day Gameplay Video Showcasing Bugs and Errors

It was so bad I felt like I needed to get a refund

1 Like

Sheesh, up til now I’ve never had something flagged by the community before and to think it was for saying c’mon give em one last chance…

Leason learned, next time advocate for a bit of reason after the fallout, not during lol.

I’m not saying you or other people didn’t run into errors, bugs, and crashes. What I’m saying is I never had any of those issues.

Isnt a new game. Its just a grafic and engine patch for 30bucks

You can’t legally play the old game with all of it’s features as they gutted it.

Honestly you can still play the old game, if you legally own it there are tons of materials on the internet that allow you to do whatever you want with this game. You can still find all the patches you need.
Probably removing the access to the official server for the old client may seem a bad choice, but, in some cases, it is understandable.
I see that the real poor decision wasn’t to launch this game now, but not launching it while keeping the old wc3 still available as it was. We could all play that while waiting for this (as any of us did no?)
As for the “throw away the old wc3 cause the new one got better security” please keep this wonderful mentality to your favorite mobile phone company forum and just as you are there buy a new one… you know… it’s “more secure” :wink:

They’re flagging you because you’re against their mob mentality and you have to be silenced. I’m really amazed how Blizzard allows this thuggish behavior on their forums.