Ban request for racism

I really don’t want to bring this up but this was not an issue during the bots era.

Well technically one could…

By using file system based save/load systems you can as good as anonymously load data in game from disc, including data not generated by Warcraft III. Now using the principles of asymmetric cryptography you can put a public key into your Warcraft III map and have it verify that data has been signed by the associated private key. The troll person is unlikely to be able to obtain the contents of the such readable files, and cannot get hold of the private key.

By putting this together you could create an application that creates a readable file that contains a user account name which is signed by a private key. At map initialization Warcraft III tries to load this file for a player, and if present it then verifies the signature using its public key and then checks that the contained user name matches the player account name (case insensitive). If all those tests pass the player is set to have “admin” command power and can kick.

The troll can create an account with the same name on another region but it will fail the first test (no file present) and so not give him admin commands. They cannot generate the required file because only you have access to the private key to do so. They cannot guess the private key because there is not enough time in existence to do so. They cannot easilly steal someone’s file because its contents are not directly visible in game. If they can steal someone’s file then that person has serious issues since they are likely not some kid but rather some degreed computer scientist that somehow has the time to troll people in Warcraft III.

The only problem with this is that it is not that easy to implement, especially since JASS lacks bitwise operator support. I also do not know how fast key verification would be as a result, as asymmetric cryptography algorithms are notorious for being slow with native implementations. In any case it would be highly resistant to anyone who is not extremely knowledgeable with both Warcraft III and computers, which is basically as good as every player.

This cracks me up. I have no skin in this game but you basically said “we’re not tyrants but we’ll totally get rid of you if you’re new or bad.” lol.

1 Like

thats basicly what happend to vampirism fire, ENT, legion td DE community, they dictated over there how game should be played, kicked ppl who refuse to play how they think it should be played, abused admin rights and what not. im glad for that reason host bots are gone, althrough they were good hosting solution, if admins dont abuse power, good example for that was OHS community that is gone now. imagine this coming from me xD

I never said we get rid of you if you are bad immediately.
I was talking during the game, if you keep feeding like a big boss and don’t know that the hotkey [E] is to prevent feed then, y we have no choice than kickin you from the game (after explanation if you still don’t listen or answer of course) otherwhise you will simply ruin the game.

That’s how it works in everygames basically, you need to learn, ask pro tips or you have great chances to not play with pro players, or improve your playstyle.

You literally said you kick new players from lobbies…

1 Like

You obviously didnt play warcraft 3 back during release.
I really hope you sit awake in your bed at night crying your eyes thinking about what the big meanie troll said to you.

Slowly his trolly words get caught deep within your mind slowly tormenting you into madness.

Have you tried nutting up?

Just because Warcraft 3 came out in the early 2000’s doesn’t mean the playerbase’s mentality should have to stick around there too. Like I don’t know about you, Bubu, but Warcraft 3 and Xbox Live ‘bantz’ got uninspired and just moronic.

MAC Addresses can be spoofed and are not transmitted past your router.

I really don’t care what you think lmao

If it’s not constructive, you better should not comment garbage man
And i’m playing wc3 since 2002…so your comment is almost useless?
peace

Blizzard can identify bnet players through CD keys (or bnet account for reforged). When banning someone I would expect blizz to actually ban the underlying CD keys. Then no matter how many accounts one can create, one cannot change keys without buying the game again (which would be expensive for just trolling)…

I think the better scenario would be for blizzard to give you guys a permaban options so the guy can never join your games again and a perma ignore so you can never hear him again, no matter what account he makes.

I’m not a big fan of banning players from the game that they bought with their money just for words, no matter how distasteful it is.

Which people might still do. Similar reason to all the cheaters and botters who get banned just to go out and buy a new key.

Yeah, sometimes people are completely wicked. but at least they get fined by having to buy new keys everytime they can’t join any lobby…
At least this would stop the teenager kind of troll :slight_smile:

People shouldn’t be given a platform for utter nonsense though, whether they’re doing it to be “funny” or being entirely serious.

Yeah, but with a proper /ignore feature, this is not even an issue. They’ll have us link our wc3 accounts to our bnet account in the future just like they did with sc:r so there will be no dodging by making new accounts.

Like how S3xytime kept making new BattleNet accounts to keep reposting his junk thread and get around his forum ban?

I’d rather have another filter on top of that where someone has to decide on buying another key or not. And starting their account progress from scratch. That’s why ignoring and reporting is never a bad decision to keep goofballs away.

1 Like

Do you even need to have bought the game to post in here? It’s not even out. He probably just made a new bnet account with no games attached to it.

but racism is hilarious as sh1t, just yesterday I played a map called prison break. sh1t was over the top racist and hilarious as sh1t.
take things with humour instead of being butthurt.

Nah, I know. I’m just meaning for in-game buffoonery, considering how Reforged is gonna work with BNet integration, I’m hoping it’s license bans rather than account bans. So that way, yes. They’d have to buy a new license to get around it.

Nah.