Australia can’t find game after patch 3v3

Hi Blizzard,

I hope this gets read because otherwise I’m losing hope that this issue will ever get resolved.

My friends and I have been playing 3v3 since reforged came out (as well as 10 years ago) and never had any issues finding games. When searching for games we would wait a MAXIMUM of 2 minutes for a game, usually a lot shorter than that, like 30 seconds.

Since the patch all of us have been unable to find ANY game despite searching up to 10-15 minutes, whether it be 3v3 or and other type. We’ve tried every iteration of ranked or unranked, AT or Random Team and nothing. I’ve been reading around the forums and twitter and I can clearly see we are not the only people with this issue. I did find it interesting that a few other people references Australia which is also where we are playing from.

Please fix this issue. At the very least any sort of acknowledgment would be a start - I have looked at the known issues and haven’t seen any Blizzard mention of this. My friends and I would play multiple times a week before the patch and now we can’t play at all. It is insanely frustrating that we have been playing this game for 20 years and now with one update I’m wondering if I’ll ever be able to play online again. SURELY there is a somewhat straight forward fix to this - maybe start by looking at whether there is something wrong with Australia specifically, but please DO SOMETHING

5 Likes

Not just Australia. Americas too. And not only in 3v3 mode, but 4v4, etc.

1 Like

Yesterday both my friend and I used VPNs set to a Chicago IP and it solved the issue, found games with no problem. Without a doubt this is a server issue. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS BLIZZARD - I’m not going to play every game through a VPN from now on

I tried with a VPN pointing to Chicago. But so far nothing either.

Any luck since? I used private internet access and my friend used NordVPN and it worked for us - maybe worth trying other US IP addresses

I will try. Thanks.

Only thing that seems to work is downloading the WC3 Champions plugin.

Does it help you find more matches? How do I install?

I live in Australia and have the same issue. I played 1 ranked 3v3 game and after no match filled into the placement box. Since that I can’t find a game at all. Can we get a fix Blizzard?

Maybe it doesn’t match cuz ping is too high so they try to get you on servers with low ping?

I’m not sure but I’ve been having the same issues in UAE, cant find games at all, search for 5-10 min. I am playing on bad internet too so I’m thinking it might be slow internet combined with poor location to have large pool of players. So sad, can’t play anymore.

Please bump!!! Blizzard please restore the 3v3 ladder… we need a hotfix and an announcement around this!!!..

1 Like

2v2 as well, can find games but takes 15-20 mins

Hi i’m from Australia too. Before the big 5GB update patch on 21st August 2022 everything was running smoothly and i was able to search for 4v4 Random Team Reforged games all under 2 minutes without any problems and after downloading the patch it takes about 15 minutes to be able to find 4v4 games all day long. I’ve tried playing from 4:30am, 9am- 5pm, after 12pm all day everyday until now which is already 4th October and it is just as bad. The longest and worst i have waited was around 1hr and 45minutes and everytime if i do find a game there would be a leaver or an afk probably because they are having to wait long times just like me and they got distracted with something else because of after having to wait for such a long time. Its just crazy to have 25% of these games with a person who is always afk.

It seems this problem i’ve been having is only happening in Australia because all the people i chat to when i do manage to find a game says they are from Australia too, Bangladesh or somewhere around our region complaining about the same problem of having to wait around 15 minutes just to find a game. It is like priority is given respectively to U.S East, U.S West, North America, South America, Europe, Asia players and Australia is last in the queue in terms of when MMR is matching people to find a game in searching 4v4s game. This has always been my favourite game and do not appreciate it and find it very disappointing to have to pay for a game that has been ruined, broke and all messed just because of a patch or an update. Please don’t let us have to wait until 3rd January 2023 or until when ladders gets reset to have this problem resolved or if you guys even care or do ever intend to solve this problem because i just find it really frustrating and annoying to have to wait for 15 minutes per game everyday just to look for quality games to play on Warcraft 3 Reforged Battle.Net.

This only happens when im searching for 4v4 random team games by myself but when i have a friend or join up with someone who lives in United States for an Arranged 4v4 Team game that is the only way i can or am able to search 4v4 team games in under 2 minutes guaranteed so that is why this is the only reason i’m saying that this problem is only happening for Australian Warcraft 3 Reforged gamers and every U.S player that i have spoken too says their Reforged search engine is fine and not experiencing any of this painful long period waiting times like we are here for Australian players. I just wished that this could all go back to how it all use to be before Blizzard introduced the new MMR system. I’ve tried everything from repairing Warcraft 3 Reforged, reinstalled the game and tried playing 4v4s on a differen’t and even more powerful computer, tried with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and all without any success.

I know this doesn’t sound like a big problem because everyone in the U.S are not having the same problem we are here in Australia and if American players are not having any issues than all is good and why even bother? I know we are a small community here in Australia and probably don’t have much say in Blizzard but please can you get your Engineers, IT Technical Support, Gaming Testers, Software Development team or a Blizzard creator to have a look into this long waiting times searching 4v4 games issue for us here in Oz and find out why im having such difficult time searching for a 4v4 game and what is causing this problem? It would be much appreciated if this could be fixed up soon and if you can give us another patch or update to download that will fix this problem and not just swept under the carpet and i will pray to the Warcraft 3 Reforged Blizzard gods that this will be just a simple fix.

Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,
Eug.

3 Likes

Checking back in on this thread after a while - seems like Blizzard has done sweet FA about resolving this? I’m sure this has been raised enough that it’s now surely wilfully ignoring the issue.

Massively disappointing - a game
I’ve been playing for 20 years is now unplayable

2 Likes

I’m also from Australia and have played for 10+ years.

I have never had this issue before and it is horrible. The ranked capability is what makes this game great for me and am very upset that I CANNOT FIND ANY GAMES IN RANKED OR UNRANKED VERSUS SEARCHES.

If Blizzard won’t fix this, at least give us an explanation as to why it’s happening to Australia based players only!!!

4 Likes

1.33 introduced server changes that have likely broken the matchmaker.

I do not foresee a solution for Oceania players until next year, if ever.

Bumping this again. Australian match making still broken. No update from Blizzard. Incredibly disappointing but not surprising from a company that has proven to be incompetent and not concerned with what players want

Yup, 2v2 matches take me 15 mins on average, ever since August last year, come on Blizzard fix math making its to do with ping and matching players come on!

Use W3Champions. Blizzard is unlikely to fix this.

Bumping this.

Has anything been done to fix this yet? Any solutions besides Wc3 champions?