Army and Hero skins

I wish that they had custom skins for the different factions. I mean they already did the work into making the skins for campaign game play and I think it would be cool if they had other skin options for armies and hero’s. For instance Human Paladins had several skins in campaign, as did Orc Blademaster’s. Heck they could make an entire Blood Elf skin for Humanity as well as a Fel Orc skin for the horde. Maybe have skeleton warriors and archers for the Undead in place of crypt fiends and ghouls. I don’t know just thought it would be cool to see more variety. Oh and make an Elven Ranger a playable hero as well as a dark knight (Garathos) one as well they were awesome models and I wish you could play them more often.

6 Likes

i dont know what is more upsetting, the fact that this suggestion would destroy the game, or the fact that people actually liked this post :frowning:

you must not understand how this game is designed if you are asking to just swap fiends with skeletons or archers

theres a custom map editor for that exact reason, theres tons of custom maps with fel orcs and blood elves… but theres a reason why those races are not part of the standard game, because its way more work to balance all that and acti-blizz already cut funding to this game… if you want your own custom skins and units just open up the map editor and import some custom skins instead of asking to buy new ones

this isnt wow and adding a bunch of crappy skins is not how you improve this game. Reforged is a complete disaster because of the fact that its just a skin, because people didnt want Warcraft 3 to just get skins, the people who actually play this game regularly for many years just want to play a proper ranking system with clans and adding skins doesnt fix the problems with the game

2 Likes

Why do you devalue a proposal from something that they had actually said was going to come with Reforged?

There is a huge community of edited maps and campaigns that don’t care to have a ranking system and don’t need to denigrate others to get it.

3 Likes

I simply suggestested it because I really enjoyed what they did with Starcraft 2 and thought it would be fun with reforged. I have been playing warcraft since Warcraft 2 and love the game. I dont believe skins would destroy the game at all, in fact I think it would just add a personal touch to a players Army. As for insulting me how petty can you be? My post was to try and add to the Warcreaft experience not diminish it. Also why make the skins for campaign and not make it playable it matchamking? Just seems like a missed opportunity.

you still dont seem to understand the situation

you said:

this is wrong? there are skins for multiplayer, you can swap the Archmage with Jaina, you can choose a male or female death knight. And they are not what competitive players want, because skins like that do not add to the actual gameplay.

I dont understand why you are confused about the way skins work?

you originally said:

that is not simply swapping a skin, that is also changing the value of the unit, the cost, hp, dps, etc. You cannot simply replace ghouls and fiends with skeletons and archers, it wouldnt make sense in terms of balance.

You also dont seem to understand that you are free to make custom maps with any unit variety you want. If you want a map to have archers replace fiends, then you can do so by editing any map.

but theres more important issues that need improving before they slap on more crap for us to waste our money on, people dont need to pay for silly skins when they can just add custom textures in the map editor, do you not see how skins are spam DLC with no real value?

and on top of that… If you are intending to say that adding “more color variety” or custom shields with personalized emblems? stuff like that will never happen in a top-down perspective RTS… people already complain about visual clarity because the new graphics did not take into consideration how units are viewed from a top-down perspective, meaning competitive players prefer the simple classic graphics because they are not cluttered or overly detailed

I think suggesting for adding skins when the rest of the game is in ruined ashes and community moral is extremely low is a very poor mindset.

I don’t really have an issue for suggesting skins, i just think it should be done a year later and if Blizzard fixes the game enough.

And if you slide in with all the stupid stuff about “oh but they need money now more then ever” yeah i’m just going to leave.

If Blizzard starts adding skins, expect heavy backlash and even YT videos and articles critisizing why they want to milk money before fixing the game. just saying. its a gut feeling.

2 Likes

they should add warchests for warcraft 3. they could for example have one with fel orc skins for the orcs. i have no further ideas however. that also gives them the opurtunity to invest more resources into fixing the already existing issues.

1 Like

You have two flaws.
1 those Skins should come free with the Game. Bone should be the skins of the campaign. Like those of the paladins.
2 those skins are 100% from the art department. made by a third party. The errors are from the programming team.

So if you can get the skins out right now. To at least say that Reforged has a notable improvement to the classic.

So when I suggested swapping skeletons in place of ghouls or fiends I meant it as though they would cost and operate the same way as the base unit with maybe an exception for the archers as they wouldn’t have web abilities. Though you could give them nets that could ensnare the flying units. Also I did this as a suggestion, if Blizzard had something else in mind then by all means do it. However I don’t think its to much to ask Blizzard to make the skins they already finished able to swap out with units. Big example is the Paladins. I don’t like the idea of paying for skins that should’ve already been available either. A war chest idea would be okay. As for for the other issues I have been watching as Blizzard fixes bugs with new updates. I have been enjoying Warcraft 3 Reforged for the most part and am looking forward to when the kinks have all been worked out. Your mistake is believing that this is the only issue I would like fixed, like you I believe they shouldn’t have released the game until the bugs were fixed but we can’t control that. I merely said it would be cool to see this added into the game.