Are the races unbalanced?

Night Elf is dominating right now because the latest patches messed up the balance alot, pick KoTG as first hero mass mountain giants, it will probably make you have around 50% winrate at worst.

8 Likes

Orc, UD and HU are fairly balanced
HU v Orc is slightly better for HU
Orc v UD is slightly better for Orc
UD v HU is slightly better for UD

NE is broken race. A lot easier matchup against any other race.

13 Likes

i wouldn’t take the above posts to heart…those guys prolly just started playing this game within the past few weeks/months and are just hopping aboard a trend where people don’t like night elf or orc players right now…

the general consensus on these forums is that night elf is the overpowered race, because most people here tune into biased ladder players like TOD and take their word as the bible.

The game is pretty balanced overall, with improvements needed in certain parts like, undead requiring racial identity instead of the boring playstyle of 50 food orb push they have to do every game.

Orc is a dominating race right now, especially vs undead. Undead have always traditionally had a lot of problems vs orc, and buffs over the years to Tauren Chieftain specifically make it harder for undead to really have any options to deal with orc. Even Grubby says that Orc is dominant against Undead and that there is a racial imbalance here.

Night Elf have traditionally had a strong advantage against Orc players. I’ve played this game since 2002, and I play top 50 ladder with a 91% win rate and 1100 games total…I can tell you that Keeper has ALWAYS been a really good tool against orc, since he was introduced. He was a prime choice against orc for containing them early game back in 2002, and he still is now. Don’t let this forum fool you and make it seem like it was something blizzard recently did that made him overpowered.

Keeper is an adept hero at dealing with tier 1 ranged units, he does it better than other night elf heroes, so he’s a prime choice because a lot of races mass tier 1 ranged in this meta right now…so he’s good against that. Humans are massing rifles and casters, Elves are pretty much massing archers and Undead are massing fiends. Orc have unique playstyles with sometimes playing mass HH strats which keeper is really good against. Intel heroes are also just overall better at creeping faster than other hero types too because of Summons…which is why heroes like AM, Keeper, FS are just great starter heroes. DH takes damage and no summon, and elves like moon wells full by second day in battle, not empty. Warden don’t even get me started. This is also why undead have the option to get skeleton Rod, because otherwise they’re limited to crypt lord beetles, and that’s not good for anyone!

Human is in a pretty good spot now…some elves that play top tier have trouble beating late game human…and then there are some HU players that have trouble vs early-mid game elf…it’s a tricky matchup but from my experience on ladder, it’s my toughest matchup right now, because human players are learning how to deal with treants. I’ve started playing players that are very good at human like a guy named HTRT on Azeroth, who beat me with spellbreakers controlling treants, and priests dispelling all my keeper abilities. I have the replay for any human players wanting to know how to stop early keeper pushes…you can find me in Clan AG or Clan Rage on Azeroth.

Overall I’d say Undead is in the worst spot right now…and no they’re not imbalanced, or “weak”…they just suck. Their units are niche, and they’re pretty boring overall…I’d love to see more done with their casters. They’re the only race in the game that has the worst options on dealing with dispel, since their only dispel is a tier 3 unit that costs 5 food (even though it’s the best dispeller in the game).

My opinion from a higher level player:

Elf > Orc
Orc > Undead
Undead vs Human…well if you ask guys like Tod who whine a lot, undead dominate them…but then you go to Happy’s stream and you see him say things like Human have way too many options for Undead to deal with and that undead have no choice but to power creep and then attack with orb + 50 food army…because they can’t expand vs human…which is implying there’s an imbalance there.

I personally think Human >>>>>> Orc right now too.

Anyway, part of the imbalances are due to maps. There are certain maps where Human and Elves specifically are just too dominant on, which is why i believe that maps need to change often to keep this game fresh. Like me doing keeper on TS and TM feels pretty strong…but on maps like EI, i opt to power level a DH and naga in most of my matchups cuz it’s a lot more effective for a small push map like that.

If anyone remembers ladder back in like 1.14, there was a map called Tranquil Paths…and people complained that DH was overpowered, because he could essentially easily creep to level 5 within the first few minutes of the game then completely demolish the enemy regardless of race…

Maps have a LOT to do with some of the “imbalances” we are seeing right now. We were just talking about it in OC’s stream last night…Human is doing pretty well in tourneys lately, and in ladder games, specifically against Elf…I personally feel in my own games that it depends on the map I play a human on…sometimes I know i’m going to have a better time, and then there’s some maps where I really hate playing against human…

reddit is like the new gamefaq’s…take what those players say with a grain of salt…i’d be surprised if any of those average whiners are winning more than 50% of their games right now lol.

6 Likes

Can u send me replays playing with undead? andrei.alencar@gmail.com

1 Like

Though I agree for the most part with everything that you said, but you’re still NE biased. NE, of course, doesn’t mean that you’ll insta win after you choose them, though if every race has a bad MU (HU-ud, ORC-hu, UD-orc) NE has none, they can play successfully against every race, plus NE, for the most part, doesn’t have “bad” maps etc. Plus to everything I said above NE are definitely the most mistakes forgiven race and patch definitely favors them hell a lot. Especially when we see as pros are picking NE against orc and UD constantly on the highest level of the game when prize money is on the line (generally speaking decides to offrace whether than playing their main) that’s what I think is crucial and bad simultaneously, NE definitely should be nerfed and I’m pretty sure they will

4 Likes

I think that Paladin revive now needs to revive all friendly corpses.

Therefore using meat wagon in 2v2s and killing mercs and high tier units and just dropping them in base by air and ulting.

GG just like Anduinn in battle for zeroth

is the water wet? asdsa

unknown get with me on Azeroth clan AG or clan Rage and i can send some replays for you buddy. I don’t play much undead but i can point you in the right direction. I’d look at Insuperable’s twitch channel for some good ud ladder play.

Human, orc and undead are like a game of rock-paper-scissors. (Although I’d say human is at least equal to undead in the matchup, you just have to think outside the box as human).
Except there’s also a fourth option - Night elf, whose worst matchup is mirror.

Concerning team games, especially large ones,they are dominated by human and undead. Undead due to their strong air, and human due to their strong anti-air :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Correction:

HU v Orc is slightly better for HU
Orc v UD is slightly better for Orc
UD v HU is MUCH better for UD (unless human player got 30 points higher IQ it’s absolutely unf…playable!!!)

NE is broken race. A lot easier matchup against any other race.

Ne > UD
Orc > UD
Human > UD

Regarding the rest. Ne is probably best, then human, then orc.

It is a myth and complete BS undead is better than human. Why? When? Human has 1000 options, better defense, every unit is better and they expand better.

4 Likes

In straightforward fight HU > UD, but UD has better kite possibilities and his mobility > than Human’s one.
So in each fight we see Undead kiting and Human trying to catch up opponent’s units. But it is regarding T3 vs. T3 or T2 vs. T2, hopefully no one considers playing mass rifles vs. mass aboms.

1 Like

slightly? lmfao? orc have dominated ud since this game was released…and it’s 10x worse now. ud have 0 options against orc. 0.

you aren’t watching the highest level play then. that’s not occuring in tourneys with the best players at all. humans and elves have been the strongest in tournaments recently - with humans slaughtering the elves…stop watching grubby and tod and then coming in here like you know balance or something. they aren’t top players ok?

you sound like one of those cocky tod viewers with a chip on your shoulder cuz you get slaughtered in ladder and can’t break through top 50 with > 50% ratio or something. wanna know my evidence that you don’t know what you’re talking about?

rofl. ^

4 Likes

Ehh, one more toxic whiner detected in this thread…

2 Likes

Do you play Warcraft?

Yeah mobility is awsome. You never fight your opponent and win while they expand and creep. Does that sound logical to you?

You are right. Except NE is broken now. Seriously.

2 Likes

What is the purpose of your post?
I’m stating that the way to win as UD is kiting with fiends/coilnova. Riffles are superior to fiends, so it is with other units, which make straightforward figths almost impossible to manage. Logical or no, but it is nowadays reality. Perhaps future patch changes something.

Yes because UD suck and it is not possible to do that bacuse a storm bolt and rifle focus stuns and kills any UD unit cripples any hero. Then the coil has to be used defensive and after this is done 4 Times = no more coil: GG

You have a 91% winrate with 1100 games?

Sketchy no???

Also other than NE there are also other nerfa that need to come like

Alchemist being too good overall…

2 Likes

Look the topic “The Human vs Undead Matchup” on reddit which was created by the user “thekidsaremad”. He explains detailed why ud > hu, it’s even understandable for people who are slow in the head like you.

“stop watching grubby and tod and then coming in here like you know balance or something. they aren’t top players ok” and who are you you backseat playing nothing?