Are the graphics going to be fixed?

I feel like ive literally wasted my money buying Reforged. I desync and lag so much I just ended up playing on classic.

2 Likes

I use Reforged graphics, they look better and my FPS is good.

Hero’s of the Storm and Wow have more consistent and faithful graphics and art design to the Warcraft IP then Reforged.

I personally would have greatly preferred Hots alike models for Reforged.

It seems to me, that, you are struggling to see what’s different in Hots and Reforged if you think they are pretty much similar.

Also, what you mentioned with wow doesn’t really matter to me since Blizzard said they wanted to move back from their idea of changing wc3 RF to be more wow alike. so at the very least they should have made the game far more faithful to the original one, not run to the entirely opposite direction.

Your arguments agaisn’t old Warcraft art, and how Warcraft 3 looks, is valid to an extend, when you mention the limitation of tech. but you always seem to want to deny the fact that regardless of that, it went to serve the game more. a simple stylish cartoony look ages far better then realisitc greyish busy look. you seem to be pretty bias and want to deny that fact. the point i’m trying to get to is that, the solution Blizzard back then made for Warcraft 3 worked, and it struck like lightning. and ever since has been an icon of Blizzards face.

Wow
Hots
Overwatch
Sc2 to an extent

All have stylish cartoony look. with the exception to Diablo, but Diablo 3 went away from 1 and 2 and did a more flashy and cartoony look which a lot of people simply disliked because that’s not how Diablo originally used to look, it used to look gritty and realistic. and only with Diablo 4 they are promising to go back and be faithful to how the original game felt and looked.

So no my man, it isn’t really because of hardware limitations only, there was an intentional design choice from them, that for Warcraft 3, they want to move into this direction, and it worked and a lot of people fell in love with it. since Warhammer at the time and to this day is far more realistic then Warcraft. 40K or Fantesy. and you can almost see why did they want to move towards the direct opposite of what Warhammer was. and people were attracted to it for that.

1 Like

Not according to the HotS forums. We all remember the outrage over Alex’s design when she was released…

Yaa and dont even get me started on Malganis…

2 Likes

Tops is 2018 the bottom is reforged, honestly if we were to go by that photo 2018 looks like garbage. TO much haze, no color very bland and boring. Nothing sticks out.

Yeah, try-hard streamers use classic graphics because it’s what they’ve been playing for over a decade. Of course it’s going to feel more natural to them.

People are actually complaining that the graphics are too detailed and not ‘cartoony’ enough. Blizzard was notorious for using a lot of color, especially in early WoW days. Yeah, I would say the trademark colorsplashes are limited in reforged but idk what people are talking about the graphics are amazing, especially some of the ultimates.

Game has some glaring flaws that need fixed… but graphics aren’t one of them… at least in IMO.

Honestly, after reading the forums etc, I can see why this game now is a hot mess of a dumpster fire . It is not that Blizzard did wrong, it is the fact even the community cant even figure out what they want the game to be, Blizzard did the best they could with the feedback they got. What they got was we just want a updated client with shinny new graphics, that is what they got after they saw the videos.

But now they want the 2018 version. … I now understand why Blizzard does not reply, they will change there mind again like Grubby changes his undies, or whatever FOTM thing Twitch streamers do to get them clicks and subs.

Wtf are you talking about? Where have you been? Blizzard never listen to any feedback at all. It was all lies. The whole beta was a scam.

4 Likes

Hope thye will look at this in some upcomming patchs

Part of the issue was that graphics from the time of early WoW and Warcraft III could not really be made to look realistic. Programmable shaders were a new concept and GPUs were barely powerful or capable enough to have HDR let alone more complex effects as well like normal maps.

Under such circumstances one has to make the best of what one has. This would mean over emphasizing colours and purposely making things cartoony as such basic graphics could pull off the look reasonably well.

A lot of people are complaining about the quality of the release, not so much what one will eventually get. Blizzard is a large company and one expects releases to be mostly complete. Reforged was kind of the opposite where 1.32 was less complete than 1.31 due to the temporary removal of features like ladder and custom campaigns. If they would have delayed release another 3 months or so I am sure the reception would have been a lot better. Except if they did delay release another 3 months or so then they could possibly have run into problems with their pre-orders in some regions.

keep believing that. Whatever you need to tell yourself that, honestly after watching and reading website that did actual reviews from gasp, the company and after blizzcon feedback. Listening to the forums, I do beleve they were told that all they wanted was wc3 with shinny graphics and to not do a remaster like they were going to…

Now everyone wants starcraft remake in wc3 after they already said no they did not want that.

As far as we all know the game is finished. What you see is what you have.

I don’t have any difficulty distinguishing the units in Reforged, maybe you’re the one in denial.

Wow that super cool dude, did you even click on my link? You do realize that every single high level player is using classic graphics right? And when I mean high level, I mean anyone who is above average.

Go back to my link and tell me that classic graphics are not far superior when it comes to unit differentiation.

2 Likes

Yeah, I clicked on your low resolution link. Looks nothing like the game when I’m actually playing it. Thanks, for trying, though.

Lmfao yikes ok. Well go head and put yourself at a disadvantage and use reforged graphics. Again, there is not a single high level player that would recommend reforged graphics for about a billion reasons. And as Grubby said, the reforged graphics should play out BETTER than classic graphics but they dont.

2 Likes

I don’t live my life based on what Grubby thinks. What a joke that you try to use that as an argument. Come back when you have the balls to post a high resolution photo of Reforged that isn’t also intentionally blurred out.

Me neither, but I’m sure he knows a thing or 2 more about the game that both of us. And the fact that he is criticizing reforged says a lot cause he makes a living playing video game and wacraft 3 is his biggest draw. So naturally he would want the game to succeed.

And I did not create this photo, a former professional wacraft 3 player created, talking about the same problem that tons of people have been talking about since beta. You are free to create your own photo. Bro you got a massive ego that you cant let go of. Idk why you are even trying to argue back. This is a major problem that Blizzard literally admitted to at Blizzcon.

So are you really saying that, I’m wrong, grubby is wrong, every pro/ former pro is wrong, pretty much every high level player is wrong, and even Blizzard is wrong, and you are right?? I seriously dont get what you are trying to get at here.

1 Like

Blizzcon 2018 lighting mod / ReShade: Blizzcon 2018 ReShade (final version (for now))