Account deleted but actually not?

Hi,

I tried to log into my old account some minutes ago but it says it doesn’t exist. Last time I logged in was like 2-3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine. I can also still view it when I use /profile in BNet and it’s not Peon/Child icon and all games are still there. I can also view it via the ladder webpage. It also shows that I left the clan that I was in (which I didn’t leave) and the profile info is empty (which it was not initially).
No clue if it was hacked or what happened but when I tried to change the password it says that I entered the wrong password. How is that possible when it says that my account doesn’t even exist (according to BNet).

I then used the retrieve password feature but a new password never arrived to my E-Mail. I can only speculate why that is but probably because BNet thinks that my account doesn’t exist.

Would be cool if anyone from the folk at Blizzard could help.
Account name: M4K]Abuser-
Realm: Northrend

Obviously only blizzard can help you with this but inactive accounts are deleted at regular intervals. If you create a new account, you must be logged into Battlenet long enough (either in one session, or spread over several) to have accumulated 2 hours of time within the first 48 hours or the account will expire.

Might also be worth mentioning that classic game accounts are not deleted if they’ve been active within the past 90 days after maintenance.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Schrödinger’s account.

Yeah I am aware of that, that’s why I specifically wrote that it’s not deleted due to inactivity. I’m just curious how this happened while I regularly log in into that account. I don’t care too much for the account itself to be honest, for me its only nostalgia since it has almost 20k games and all icons. It just got me curious as to why this happened after all.
Is there any way to contact Blizzard directly because of this issue? I was kind of aware that posting here wouldn’t help too much but maybe someone can give advice on how to proceed with this or who to contact.

You can start a ticket. Just go to Blizzard Support.

What I once had was, that i accidentally had selected another realm. Went almost crazy as I thought my acc was dead, until I realised an update changed the realm to NA.

1 Like

Got this solved. According to the BNet server my last login was sometime in October '18 (eventhough I played some cgs some weeks ago). Henceforth my account was deleted due to inactivity. I don’t know what caused the error but maybe it confused my last ladder game with last login. I even have the replays of these cgs and sent them.
I got told that it is not possible to retrieve my account or any account once it is deleted due to inactivitiy. You can still see the account because they clean everything and finally delete the “shadow” during server maintenance.

1 Like