A friendly reminder

Hello there fellas. So since i recently encountered some bad behavior in warcraft legacies because i was not a pro at the scourge faction the host called me a retard and a noob but not new but a noob is somone there’s new and or one of them on my team told me to come to them which resulted in me losing my army. But the point of this thread would be to be remembering that if we don’t stop this toxic bs then the newcommers may just uninstall after having barelly played together with the community at all.

1 Like

you certainly have a point. people that insults others should get silenced(their chat blocked) .

3 Likes

And at the moment when they know they cannot get banned you really get to see humannity at it’s lowest and how evil they can be.

2 Likes

hosting bots, votekicks and banlists are your friends^^
reporting, stupidly punishing leavers with time bans, relying on greedy companies are your enemies^^

choice is yours^^

what is wc “legacies” are you talking about an older patch on RoC/TFT ?? Cuz wc3 is not called “legacies” its either called RoC/TFT or its called Reforged… it would be nice to know which version u are talking about

Do u mean the Undead Race?? we dont use call them the “scourge faction” lol

They are interchangeable, it doesnt matter if u played the game for 20 years its a matter of knowing the basics, build orders, timing, standard unit combinations, etc… if ur so obviously new that u dont know the basic build orders, people will talk down to u for not learning the basics… its very simple to look up some guides on youtube by searching “wc3 basic build orders” and watching a few videos

so ur blaming others?? LOL thats a great way to get better at the game, just blame others!

while I admit that it does suck for new players, it can be very challenging for new players to get into the game, and I wish new players could enjoy the game more… but u gotta realize this is a 20 year old game with mainly long-time players who have learned the basics a long time ago

It seems like ur more interested in complaining and saying “dont tease me” instead of learning what your mistakes are… if u want help u can ask for help, theres plenty of people who train newbs (i do it all the time) but it doesnt seem like u actually want help u just want to be free to enjoy the game by yourself, without the toxicity… which in that case maybe u should stick to 1v1 instead of team games

by the way, Im pretty good at the game and I still get trolled by toxic players, it never goes away even at high skill level… so get used to it or dont play its ur choice

noob != newbie

…but if you have played continuously for 20 years there is the slightest chance that you belong to the first group^^

1 Like

@winterdryad

what are you trying to say? you make no sense

noob, newbie, beginner, novice, they all mean the same thing

Somebody can play a game for 20 years and still suck at it, experience does not equal skill or knowledge

in fact, Ive seen bran new players be quite good at the game because they brought there skills over from other games (such as SC2 or moba) so technically a “new player” can be more skilled than an experienced player… but calling somebody a newb or a noob is the same thing, it simply means they havent learned the basics

I’m just saying that calling someone noob doesn’t equal calling him a newbie.
For the rest I agree with you, if you played for 20 years and you don’t know the basics, maybe you are just a noob, not a newbie^^

1 Like

they mean the same freaking thing omg… newb noob newbie = somebody who doesnt know the basics

theres not anything more complicated about the term than that, its derogatory… nobody is splitting hairs over the difference between newb and noob, its not about how long u have played its about how much u understand the basics

I’m talking about a custom map.

so all this complaining and ur not even playing competitive ranked ladder? lmao

u still did not answer which version of wc3… roc/tft or reforged???

would u care to name the map type??

see maybe thats why u get called a newb or a noob, cuz u dont answer basic questions lol

that’s the difference, newbie is not derogatory.

“Hi guys, I’m a newbie at this game”
“Ok, we’ll teach you”

“Hi guys, I’m a noob”
Gets kicked.

But anyway, considering he was talking about “Scourge” and “come to them” I would say Dota was the custom map, but then he said “army”, so, well, must be another flaming map^^

Come on it’s a custom map, just leave and join another… no reason to complain.

1 Like

i have played warcraft 3 since it was released and never won a ranked match. only players i beat is players that suck harder at it than me.

thats retarded, its not bcuz they called themselves a noob that they got kicked, the “REAL” difference between YOUR two statements is that the first guy ACTUALLY ASKED FOR HELP (or so u made it seem based on the response of “well teach you”)

youre really bad at semantics bro

see thats the problem is OP acts like a newb AND he does not ask for help, which is even more obvious based on the fact that he cant even describe the custom map to us lol… but it doesnt matter if u call him a newb or a noob or a beginner, the only thing that matters here is he does not actually ask for help

thanks for helping make that distinction more clear :slight_smile:

ehm… you exactly understood the difference so, well, nevermind^^

anyway, I’m really wondering what the problem is since you can kick players when hosting a custom game. No one forced him to play again with that same host and no one forced the host to let him play. There is no reason to ban anyone…
I have never seen anyone getting banned in custom games, let’s not start this sickness now…

Ok so, first off, no, they do not mean the same thing. Not anymore. At first noob was basically a misspelling of “newb”, which first started in the US military around the time of the Vietnam War, where it was shorthand for “newbie” that they used to describe new recruits. Once the internet (And video games in general) started to become more popular, the word “noob” started to take on a role all of it’s own, with changing definitions resulting in the word basically ending up not really meaning anything. It’s more of an insult than an indicator of anything nowadays. But “newbie”, that one shows a clear indicator of “lack of experience”.

A noob can be experienced but still play horribly. A newbie plays horribly because they don’t know any better yet.

3 Likes

Well i just recently began to play as the scourge in the custom map Warcraft legacies and everytime people complain that i’m to slow like i have to be a no lifer pro there can get huge armies in a couple of minutes.

That’s a gosu answer
pwned
gg no re^^

Solution number A: get huge armies in a couple of minutes.
Solution number B: get some other people to play with.
Solution number C: get another custom map to play.

u guys are taking the word noob way too seriously o.O lmao

nobody is nitpicking the difference while casually chatting in game