A few sound issues

I’m playing Warcraft III version 1.30.1.10211.

A few sound files are missing in the cinematics.

Like the Footman’s “To Arms!” in “The Dreadlord’s Fall” and Maiev’s, " Tor ilisar’thera’nal" in “Wrath of the Betrayer.”

It seems to be exclusive to this version. Does anyone else have this problem?

that is likely intentional. several sound files was removed in reforged, including one line from the dryad. i do not know all of the details however.

1 Like

Your version of Warcraft III is out of date. Please update to 1.32.10.17734 and see if the issue persists.

Legacy versions of Warcraft III are not officially supported. From a software development perspective this makes sense given that how can they fix anything unless people update to have the fixes applied.

Legacy versions from when Reforged released might be missing some assets. Although not all missing assets were added back, subsequent updates did add some of those that were missing by mistake (not included in the build, but were meant to be). Sadly assets like the Chaos Space Orc seem to be gone for good, I just wish they gave an explanation for that given how many custom maps used that asset.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.