4v4 is still a lot of fun blue

they are not as gamebreaking as they used to be thats for sure, but they are still way too good for what they cost

Trolling in 4v4 is so fun, let your allies 3v4 for a bit in an endless tug-o-war battle while you mass up a tier 3 army. Then attack and say GG EZ.

if 4v4 was more micro intensive people would not play 4v4.

1 Like

I have seen many people go tanks in 4v4, and I have seen many times they lose with it and very few times it impacts the game. Having an NE mass chims and do nothing but snipe bases is the most devastating endgame base cheesing by far, because tanks have a nasty habit of failing to achieve their objective and being absolutely horrid at navigating to their target, and once you have mass teleport you might as well use mortars anyway. You can just fly chims over a tree line and focus a main down in seconds and teleport out and can outrange towers, whereas tanks need to roll across the map the long way around at 220 ms and then roll past the less important buildings and bodyblock each other into melee range. Most tank users just wind up sending a couple at different targets at the same time, and cannon towers totally blow them out and just scrappy defense/repair can usually hold against them.

Tanks are simply not a great strategy. And I can be assured that any time an ally says ‘tanks’ at the start of the game and towers up instead of building units, I’ve got a 75%+ chance to lose since its basically 3v4

Ahhh, i am back. Been banned for 3 days due to the snakes in the grass 2.0 post.

I really enjoy how many of you are “debunking” my statement about mass air by cliaming it is easy ti beat by massing gargs, gryos, hippos, bats (all of which are AIR).

You also further my point. I hate having to mass those kinds of units every game in RT, so boring, it needs more flavor to be on par with modern games.

Tanks are lame all the way around.

Shooting fish in a barrel can get boring eventually, it’s true.

I play every game mode. You are just another fish to me regardless.

Lol, I make mod content. I create assets for others to use. I barely have enough time for custom games as it is.

So finally the truth comes out. Why even argue about balance? Thank you for discrediting your entire opinion.

On a side note thats cool about the art. You got a onlind portfolio?

I used to play scrub level 3’s at the height of my WC3 playing days. I used to do the same balance complaining. It took a long time for me to realize the game was ever only balanced for 1v1 top level and that the meta for 3v3 is residual. I loved playing underdog counter strats that dont work in 1v1, like going with POTM first with scout and dominating noob level Blademasters who dont expect a counter to BM rush or having their hero focused down in the first few seconds of engagement in teamfight. Stuff like that.

The 3v3 scene is casual mode. Its $$BGH. We can say there is strategy and skill involved to win, but adding complexity to 3s and 4s is like trying to add depth to BGH moneymaps. Its not something that ever will get balanced cuz for the most part its never been a serious competitive mode. Too many factors in the skill of each team mate, and there are no meta roles to take when a cheese strat can potentially be just as effective as a balanced army. Making 4v4 better with more variety leans towards custom map territory.

As for my art, You can google up my name and see what Ive made. I dont have a lot of stuff in one place, but Ive made models for WC3, Dawn of War and Starcraft 2.

Those are good points. The only way we could get it more competitive is if they made game conditions different for 3v3 and 4v4 (maybe jusy 4v4). Which is what i hope they do but i wont hold my breath.

Those are cool models, you got some skills. I do 2d art.

ok im somehow back again in this thread.
so i wrote that air is not OP and is easily counterable which you also confirmed yet you still go about that air needs nerf in 4v4?
if you see air in every 4v4 than means you play with noobs who uses 4v4 as an oportunity to tech and yeah chims,wyrms and grifs are all air ulti units plus noob likes to mass wyverns too because of micro problems

air is not mandatory nor strong. what is mandatory in 4v4 is to have some anti air + scout (duh like this is RTS game).

and what is the most important for balancing are pro matches. ive never seen air rush in 4v4 but aura stacking, T2 massing yes.

this soul guy…dude why are you asking the game to be balanced around 4v4? really man?

They should remove chims and wyrms from the game TBH…

^^ This, just this ^^

…and by the time you got your army ready, your team mates have been slaughtered and quit the game, and you are now up against 4 players all with high level heroes. Bad strategy.

1 Like

Clearly im talking about something more subtle than just unit choices in 4v4. The maps, the units, the strats, the entire meta from noob to pro could have MAJOR improvements.

All Blizzard has to do is balance 4v4 differently than solo. Ofc the dudes at Activision probably say that is a waste of money. However, with 4v4 RT/AT I think Blizzard has made a game within a game that is marketable in its own right…if DONE RIGHT.

Truth be told though, I have such little faith in Blizzard. I assume the game will be trash by the time reforged comes out.

Nothing speaks how fun 4v4 is until you play Golems in the Mist map, your ally makes a necropolis in one of the 2v2 routes to make an exe, proceed with making towers to creep both mercenary camp and gold mine, other ally fast teching into wyverns and you get rushed 4v1 with 2 sh mass wards.

Later the undead who made necro mid map yells (“make towers noob”) and rage quit after finally finishing the gold mine creep with single hero.

2 Likes

An undead proxy expo undead with a fast teching ally behind it…what could go wrong?

Balance for 1v1 is hard as is. How many possible matchups are there in 4v4? A lot. HHHHvUUUU. HHHUvUUUU. And so on. Adding in tavern heroes makes that number even higher.

I don’t think balance for 4v4 is really tenable.