2020, 20 years of maphacking

There is no anti-hack client you know that right?^^

1 Like

Will they let us pay him instead of Blizzard?

I mean why have to pay blizzard for something someone else is doing?

if you come to w3 to play pvp it’s blizzard’s job that works not from third parties.

We come to a common point.
although for my part I am waiting for them to finish the Chinese mod of the campaign.

I constantly observe the use of the maphack. There is even no way to leave a complaint after the end of the match.

1 Like

This.

1 Like

Report may work for drop and tie hacks, it wont work for mhers. Simply because its very hard to prove that someone is maphacking, plus if you add the amount of whining people just cause they lost the ammount of reports would be unbearable.

I dont know, but maybe some kind of client that checks for modifications? play only server side? dont know.

I really dont know, cause i quitted around…2010? dont remember, but ladder was unplayable. Right now i didnt find any drops or tie, dont know about mhers cause 1v1 maps are so small that its hard to say. I simply dont want the game to get to the point that it becomes not worth playing anymore

Oh truth is that didnt last for long, but was funny one. It would lock your screen, meaning you woudnt be able to scroll around the map with the mouse, you could only move by clicking on the minimap.

If its just a “report system” it wont work againts mhers because of reasons i stated above.

I do have, in fact, w3champions, and im not complaining about mhers right now, i just dont want it to become a hack fest, the reason that mainly forced me to quit.

Also, regardless of the great work done by ¿pad? im completelly againts this comunity splitting. The community is already small enought to afford it, i think.

The worst you can have is another malware forcibly installed to your computer, so don’t ask for it.
It is not about how many exploits the game has, but how quickly they get fixed.
Nothing is happening quickly at the moment and there is no hope for a future change.
Since the community is going to shrink even more, I don’t think they will introduce any kind of serious banning system, since banning people goes against player retention. So expect lots of very nice people hanging around…

so what anti-cheat system were you talking about?

Well, sometimes it takes 5 mins or more with just 6.2 mmr, im patient enought but i dont think most ppl is, plus search time may grow with higher mmr. My guess is community may bleed out over time with such splits, anyway i hope im wrong.

Also taking in count that right now all regions are together and, as u said, rt plays vs ats.

The time i was active the only remotelly close thing was a fog click detector, which means, as always, that you will only catch careless mhers.

Watching replays was the only way to recognize fog clickers. Then they were usually get banned in all the shared ban lists.

1 Like

Does Maphack still work right now? It shouldn’t since it’s literally connected onto Blizzard’s server isn’t it?

maphack has nothing to do with blizzard’s servers.

blizzard servers only synchronize the state of the game with each player.
a maphack reads the memory values of warcraft3 game client when in a game and scans for units and their position. then sets the visibility/opacity of the unit.

i can remember that some maphacks even disallowed you from clicking on invisible units/buildings to avoid being detectable from replays - u know the red circle around opponent units in the fog of war indicate maphack.

before the warcraft3 game clients memory mapping was known hack developers used to parse the incoming network traffic because u must receive the change of location of units and stuff. when receiving such update tools could draw on screen like on the minimap but not on the game screen.

2 Likes

blizzard’s anti hack client is called warden and your warcraft3 client talks very actively with it and remote-warden. warden also checks if your account is banned denies you from playing online and offline

1 Like

Has this been introduced with reforged?
Because I remember that warden used to run just on battlnet servers 10 years ago. It was the reason host bots weren’t working anymore. Then they realized in a couple of days that no one was playing anymore and they relaxed the checks.

Anyway, I was referring to those 3rd party spywares that companies sneak to your computer pretending it is for your own safety.

I remember that^^

honestly i cant wait till this starts going again because treetag was really fun when you argued with infernals about them pinging your direct location that neither of you should know about or see

WoW, you know blizzards biggest and most profitable game, has Warden for their anti-hack client which is notoriously good for detecting modified folders/hack activation near immediately.

the OPs point is why didnt blizzard even a little bit of that effort into wc3^^

I call it “spyware”, but these are just pints of view^^

I’ve noticed that if you change a registry key, when the game starts it reverts to the original value. It’s like a pre-launching before the doors open.

i agree but it did do a good job

i did not know this occured, thats somewhat interesting to hear

1 Like

tried once to change a registry key to see if maybe the browser would work properly, but it gets reverted every time you start the game.

1 Like

I’m assuming it checks that via internet connection and changes the value back accordingly. The registry key is practically a formality in that case.

Wonder how that would work if the program got blocked by a firewall or was launched while not connected.