19019 Starfall and monsoon buff fields are broken

The Starfall spell has a “buff” field to determine which buff it displays at places of impact. This field is broken, and has been since 1.32. The exact same applies to Monsoon

Two test map is attached below, and steps to reproduce:
start the game, select the priestess of the moon, and start casting starfall, the “stars” falling down should not be stars because the buff was replaced in the Ability Editor. (note that no buff showing is also correct behaviour for some buffs, but the star showing is always incorrect if the buff was changed)

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/0d9f790e48d1c2850cc47db8af965495.25052

2 Likes

at least since 1.29.2.9231. i tested it in both versions and got the same result. no buffs fire for starfall. that means that the problem is not new, it is older than reforged.

The problem is not manifesting as no buffs, but the default buff. You’re either experiencing something else, or there is no bug on 1.29. And old versions don’t matter here - 1.32 and 1.33 are broken and that’s the important part.

2 Likes

i tried to provide more intel but when you troll me instead, we are through. i will no longer respond to your posts.

I think you have already told me this once and I am still not trolling. Mentioning old versions is not useful and this time again your post is also incorrect. Testing on 1.31 I see there is no bug there (changing the buff to “sleep” works perfectly, make sure you’re using buffs that can be used with this spell). You might be trying to provide more info but incorrect data is worse than no data if the receiving party has no way to properly verify.

2 Likes

This broke with 1.32, it’s because of the skin system.

2 Likes

please stop feeding the troll.

Changing entries in the skin system doesn’t fix it from my limited testing, but I don’t doubt the 1.32 changes made to accustom the skin system are the cause.

Long story short - 1.32 broke it, it should be fixed because many maps use this.

1 Like

no one’s trolling here but you, go away

1 Like