1.36.2.21100 PTR 2 Patch Notes

Dude no one going to read that wall of text and waste your time. This is child type of behavior. Again go back to drawing board.
You firstly are spitting lies, incorrect stuffs, and then when proven wrong with actual numbers and facts, you are changing the narratives and talking nonsenses. Not going to lose time on your fantasy.

Orc has the strongest TRI hero in the game, HU is the second one.
One race has garbage DPS, and this is UD, as DK DPS is garbage. BM owns it all day long. Other has strong nuke, cause they have literally zero disables.
Every race has something, and doesn’t have something, and some have extras.

You are nitpicking which i and everyone on here can do this and claim this race is the strongest based on this.

1 Like

I don’t think that will put much weight into what i’m saying. Even if i was the best player, that still doesn’t mean my suggestion will be good or bad or i won’t be biased or not.

That’s why i think when it’s come to competitive games and MP as a whole, player feedback when it’s come to balance should be almost ignored.
Again there should be a dev balancing team that knows the game, even if they are not the best, but based on numbers, viable strategy/counter ones, etc, balance the game.

Let’s be real whether we want it or not, we are biased.

1 Like

This does not in any way negate the fact that the undead, more than all other races, have the ability to inflict instant magical damage on one target, while at the same time being able to restore the most health to their two heroes - the DK and the lich. Instant damage allows the undead to kill enemy heroes more easily than all other races, and the ability to restore health - the face of death, aura, and a pact with death allow the undead to endure more damage to their units than all other races. Therefore, the undead are the most powerful race. If you call it a lie, then prove with arguments why it is not so?

You’re lying and talking nonsense again. You just lost the argument and have nothing to say.

You are nitpicking which i and everyone on here can do this

No you can not.
Otherwise, you would refute my arguments with a wall of your own arguments, which I, in turn, cannot refute.
But you didn’t.

No buddy i just stop reading your wall of posts, cause after the first try you write a wall of nonsenses and when i prove you wrong, you start nitpicking with other stuffs.

Your entire argument is wrong, simply because just like i prove HU heroes have a lot higher Burst than UD. With Bloodmage, it’s +700 damage on top of the UD.
And you need Bloodmage with 1 Banish.
And then you start crying how this or that character is not used as first or second or third hero, which just shows you know nothing about competitive warcraft, as HU have million options for hero combos, from AM/MK/Pala, to Pala first with plenty of options afterwards, and with MK/BM/Pala, and even MK/Pala/AM, or MK/Pala/BM, or MK/AM/Pala, etc, etc.

But that’s irrelevant, as this wasn’t the claim. The claim was UD has the highest single burst, which is a complete lie, as HU outdamage their burst by a good 700 damage.
And MK alone can do almost as high single target burst as both Lich and DK, and with Bash he will outdone them in terms of damage.

And unlike other heroes where they have 2 damaging ability, UD heroes have exactly 1.
And unlike MK, they are not also a huge 5 seconds disable, and in the Clap, a huge AOE damage.

And Warden essentially out damage both DK and Lich.

And again i can claim ORC is the strongest, as they have the strongest TRI hero in the game, and everyone knows this. HU is the second strongest, and UD/ELF third/Forth.

BL with lvl 3 crit with good item(not great), is essentially doing 300-320 crits. And BM have a very high AS, and super fast attack animation and he can proc Critcs very very often, and that does not require mana or have a CD to be used. He also have a Wind Walk that also does quite a lot of damage.

Going that way i can nitpick every single race.

Like for example:

BM on any given level will beat every single UD heroes on any given level. Same story for DH, and it’s not even close.

The game doesn’t work like that though, and everyone knows it.

So nice try, and this is the last time i’m losing my time with your nonsenses.

1 Like

Your whole argument is wrong simply because I argue that HU heroes have much higher burst than UD ones. With Bloodmage it’s +700 damage in addition to UD.

I answered you above that a bloody mage is very rarely taken as the third hero because the undead heroes DK and Lich have the ability to restore health, so after the first two MK and the Archmage people almost always take a paladin as the third hero, because if he is not there, then people have nothing to will heal MK and the archmage, and they will die very often.

to Pala first with plenty of afterwards options

The first palladin loses to the first dead knight because the dead knight can heal himself with an aura and a pact with death, but the paladin cannot. Therefore, after DK reduces the palladin’s health to low, the paladin has nothing to restore it with, and the paladin finds himself locked in the base and often loses in leveling.
In addition, a dead knight can run away from a palladin with an aura that gives running speed, but a paladin cannot. The death knight’s aura allows the entire undead army to restore health, which allows them to endure both physical and magical damage, while the paladin’s aura only protects from physical damage. Palladin is worse than DK in every way.

MK/BM/Pala

In this case, people can only deal damage, but not restore health. When the undead and people both spend their mana and exchange health losses to a low level, then people have nothing to restore their health, and the undead restore it with an aura and an agreement with death. In this case, the palladin most often comes out only when 70-80% of the game has already passed, but by this point, due to the fact that people could cause damage but could not restore health, they lose in leveling up on neutral warriors, and often die. That is, the palladin either comes out when MK and BM have already died many times, or the game does not reach this point at all and the human race loses before the palladin comes out.

MK/Pala/AM

In this case, people 70-80% of the game do not have mana regeneration from the archmage’s aura, and the undead restore mana from obsidian statues. It turns out that at a distance the undead still have the ability to inflict damage with magic more often. Because of this, the undead inflict much greater losses on the human army, are much more superior to people about pumping, and if the archmage comes out, it is when people are already hopelessly losing because they did not have enough mana the whole game, or the game does not even reach the moment when the archmage comes out.
I have never seen at tournaments that any of the strong players played for people like that.

MK/Pala/BM

The same. 70-80% of the game people will not have enough mana. The undead cast death face and nova many times more often, and kill 1-2 human units at each encounter. And even when BM comes out, it will give mana regeneration only to heroes, but not to priests.

MK/AM/Pala

70-80% of the game people will not be able to quickly heal their heroes in battle, because of this the undead will stupidly kill the heroes very quickly, and no priests will be able to heal them in battle because they have slow regeneration of 25 health, and the undead will deal immediately 100/200/300 damage + 150/200/250 damage to heroes per cast.

As a result, we come to the conclusion that the undead still have the ability to inflict instant magical damage the most, heal heroes and the army the most, and restore mana with obsidian statues. Of these three, people are always missing one thing, or the ability to quickly restore health, or the ability to inflict large instant magical damage, or restore mana.
And the undead, which almost always play through a DK and a lich, always retain these three abilities at the same time. Therefore, the undead are always stronger. You can’t refute this.

But that’s irrelevant, as this wasn’t the claim. The claim was UD has the highest single burst, which is a complete lie, as HU outdamage their burst by a good 700 damage.
And MK alone can do almost as high single target burst as both Lich and DK, and with Bash he will outdone them in terms of damage.

No, MK is not superior in damage dealing because he only has 300 mana, and the undead have two heroes who have a total of 600 mana. Therefore, the undead have more potential to deal damage.
To kill a hero you need an average of three attacks. That is, 75 + 120 mana * 3 procasts = 585 mana. The undead have so much mana, MK does not because he is alone.

And Warden essentially out damage both DK and Lich.

No. I wrote to you above that in tournaments they most often play alone. They don’t hire a second hero because the elf needs her to reach level 6 as quickly as possible. In addition, she is a hero with weakness and a small amount of health, so she quickly dies from the face of death and nova.

BL with lvl 3 crit with good item(not great), is essentially doing 300-320 crits

It often does not work precisely when undead heroes have little health left. More often than not, after the first blade master hero, the orcs take SH second so that the blade master does not die very quickly from the face of death and nova. And it turns out that the undead have two heroes capable of inflicting instant magical damage, while the orc has only one, and not when it’s needed. In addition, the undead can restore mana with obsidian statues. And the orc has nothing to restore it with.

As a result, I smashed and refuted all your arguments. And my argument that the undead have both the greatest ability to deal instant magical damage and restore health remains unrefuted.

I have been watching Warcraft tournaments for 20 years since it appeared in 2002. I know better than you.

Updated April 25, 2024

Changelog

Added / Modified Changes

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue where ping was displaying incorrectly in the custom game list

Human

• Arcane Tower hero feedback reduced from 16 to 14

• Knights and Sundering Blades no longer require Lumber Mill to build

• Sundering Blades upgrade cost increased from 100/100 to 100/175

• Polymorph Hero duration reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds

Orc

• Troll Headhunter base damage reduced from 22 to 21

• Healing Wards mana cost reduced from 200 to 150

• Tauren build time increased from 39 to 44 seconds

• Tauren base Pulverize damage reduced from 20 to 15

Night Elf

• Priestess of The Moon Searing Arrow damage changed to 10/24/40 to 12/24/48 (10/20/30)

• Priestess of The Moon Starfall duration reduced from 45 to 30

• Priestess of The Moon Starfall damage increased from 50 to 60 per wave

• Keeper of the Grove Force of Nature mana cost reduced from 100 to 85

• Moon Well Regeneration increased from 1.35 to 1.45

• Well Spring regeneration mana bonus reduced from 125 to 100

• Mountain Giant food reduction reverted (6 back to 7)

Undead

• Nerubian Tower Damage type changed from Normal to Piercing

• Frost Nova slow duration reduced from 4/6/8 to 4/5/6 (units only - heroes remain unchanged)

• Crypt Lord Impale mana cost reduced from 100 to 90

• Death and Decay mana cost reduced from 250 to 200

• Ghoul Frenzy research time increased from 45 to 60 seconds

• Web upgrade cost reduced from 150/150 to 100/100

• Boneyard cost reduced from 175/200 to 150/200

• Wand of Negation charges reduced from 3 to 2

• Wand of Negation cost reduced from 200 to 150

• Curse Duration reduced from 120/60 to 60/30

Neutral

• Naga Sea Witch Mana Shield activation cost reduced from 25 to 10

• Firelord Soul Burn damage reduction increased from -50% to -75%

• Firelord Soul Burn hero duration increased from 7/8/9 to 8/9/10

Items

• Ankh of Reincarnation delay reduced from 7 to 5 seconds

• Glove of Haste attack speed increased from 15% to 20%

Creeps

• Sleep no longer targets heroes

• Sleep duration reduced from 10 to 8

• Sleep cooldown increased from 6 to 10 seconds

• Sleep cost reduced from 125 to 100

• Dark Troll High Priest now has Abolish Magic

• Enforcer and Bandit Lord no longer have Shadow Meld and will sleep at night

• Blood Wizard can now sleep

• Enforcer HP increased from 500 to 600

• Rune of Speed duration reduced from 60 to 20 seconds

• Infernal Contraption move speed increased from 180 to 200

• Infernal Juggernaut move speed increased from 180 to 200

• Infernal Machine move speed increased from 180 to 200

Master Changelog

Human

• Polymorph can now target Heroes (1.5 second duration)

• Arcane Tower hero feedback reduced from 16 to 14

• Knights and Sundering Blades no longer require Lumber Mill to build

• Sundering Blades now requires an upgrade again

• Sundering Blades upgrade cost increased from 100/100 to 100/175

Orc

• Tauren now are available at Tier 2 (Pulverize still requires tier 3)

• Tauren build time increased from 39 to 44 seconds

• Tauren base Pulverize damage reduced from 20 to 15

• Troll Headhunter base damage reduced from 22 to 21

• Healing Wards mana cost reduced from 200 to 150

Night Elf

• Priestess of The Moon Searing Arrow damage changed to 10/24/40 to 12/24/48 (10/20/30)

• Priestess of The Moon Searing Arrows mana cost reduced from 8 to 5

• Priestess of The Moon Starfall duration reduced from 45 to 30

• Priestess of The Moon Starfall damage increased from 50 to 60 per wave

• Keeper of the Grove Force of Nature mana cost reduced from 100 to 85

• Vorpal Blades research time reduced from 60 to 45 seconds

• Moon Well Regeneration increased from 1.35 to 1.45

• Well Spring regeneration mana bonus reduced from 125 to 100

Undead

• Nerubian Tower Damage type changed from Normal to Piercing

• Ghoul Frenzy attack speed bonus reduced from 35 to 30

• Ghoul Frenzy research time increased from 45 to 60 seconds

• Curse can now target mechanical units

• Curse Duration reduced from 120/60 to 60/30

• Cripple can now target mechanical units

• Scroll of Healing removed from the Tomb of Relics

• Wand of Negation added to the Tomb of Relics (2 Charges, 150 Gold - Available at tier 2)

• Meat Wagon speed increased from 220 to 240

• Frost Nova slow duration reduced from 4/6/8 to 4/5/6 (units only - heroes remain unchanged)

• Crypt Lord Impale mana cost reduced from 100 to 90

• Death and Decay mana cost reduced from 250 to 200

• Web upgrade cost reduced from 150/150 to 100/100

• Boneyard cost reduced from 175/200 to 150/200

• Frost Wyrm Freezing Breath lumber cost reduced from 275 to 225

Neutral

• Firelord Volcano building damage factor reduced from 3 to 2

• Firelord Soul Burn damage reduction increased from -50% to -75%

• Firelord Soul Burn hero duration increased from 7/8/9 to 8/9/10

• Naga Sea Witch Tornado speed base and Min Speed increase from 75 to 150

Items

• Ankh of Reincarnation delay reduced from 7 to 5 seconds

• Glove of Haste attack speed increased from 15% to 20%

Creeps

• Sleep no longer targets heroes

• Sleep duration reduced from 10 to 8

• Sleep cooldown increased from 6 to 10 seconds

• Sleep cost reduced from 125 to 100

• Dark Troll High Priest now has Abolish Magic

• Enforcer and Bandit Lord no longer have Shadow Meld and will sleep at night

• Rogue Wizard can now sleep

• Enforcer HP increased from 500 to 600

• Rune of Speed duration reduced from 60 to 20 seconds

• Infernal Contraption move speed increased from 180 to 200

• Infernal Juggernaut move speed increased from 180 to 200

• Infernal Machine move speed increased from 180 to 200

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue where ping was displaying incorrectly in the custom game list

Version 1.36.2

Build 21070

Today, we’ve deployed our first 1.36.2 update build to the Warcraft III: Reforged PTR. This patch will feature tournament changes, map pool updates, and balance adjustments.

Please note that this test version is a work in progress and is subject to change.

Thank you very much for your testing and feedback!

General

We’ve updated our backend server infrastructure to improve server frame rate.

Balance

Human

• Polymorph can now target Heroes (3-second duration)
  • Sundering Blades now requires an upgrade again

Orc

• Tauren now are available at Tier 2 (Pulverize still requires tier 3)

Night Elf

• Priestess of the Moon Searing Arrows mana cost reduced from 8 to 5
  • Priestess of the Moon Searing Arrows damage increased from 10/20/30 to 10/25/40
  • Mountain Giant food cost reduced from 7 to 6
  • Vorpal Blades research time reduced from 60 to 45 seconds

Undead

• Ghoul Frenzy attack speed bonus reduced from 35 to 30
  • Curse can now target mechanical units
  • Cripple can now target mechanical units
  • Scroll of Healing removed from the Tomb of Relics
  • Wand of Negation added to the Tomb of Relics (Available at tier 2)
  • Meat Wagon speed increased from 220 to 240
  • Frost Wyrm Freezing Breath lumber cost reduced from 275 to 225

Neutral

• Firelord Volcano building damage factor reduced from 3 to 2
  • Naga Sea Witch Tornado speed base and Min Speed increase from 75 to 150

Tournaments

• We are updating the tournament schedule to have more 1v1 and 2v2 during the week and a 3v3 tournament on Sundays and removing 4v4 from the tournament pool

Map Pool Updates

1v1

-Springtime
+Tidehunters

(4)TwistedMeadows_S2_v1.1.w3x
(2)EchoIsles_S2_v2.2.w3x
(4)TurtleRock_S2.w3x
(4)LostTemple_S2.w3x
(2)LastRefuge_S2_v1.5.w3x
(2)NorthernIsles_S2.w3x
(2)ConcealedHill_S2.w3x
(2)TerenasStand_LV.w3x
(2)Tidehunters.w3x
(2)Hammerfall.w3x

2v2

-Shatter Exile, Rusty Creek
+Synergy, Goldshire

(4)TwistedMeadows_S2_v1.1.w3x
(4)LostTemple_S2.w3x
(6)GnollWood.w3x
(4)TurtleRock_S2.w3x
(4)PhantomGrove_S2_v2.0.w3x
(4)HillsbradCreek_S2.w3x
(4)TidewaterGlades_S2_v1.1.w3x
(4)Synergy_S2.w3x
(4)KingAndCountry_S2_v1.3.w3x
(4)Goldshire.w3x

3v3

-BloodstoneMesa,StranglethornVale,Guardians
+Wellsprings,Typhoon,ScorchedBasin

(6)Wellspring.w3x
(6)Typhoon.w3x
(6)ScorchedBasin.w3x
(6)Monsoon_LV.w3x
(6)RuinsOfStratholme.w3x
(6)UpperKingdom.w3x
(8)Mur’gulOasis_LV.w3x
(6)ThunderLake_LV.w3x
(8)Battleground_LV.w3x
(6)GnollWood.w3x

4v4

-Royal Gardens, Nightopia, Ferocity, Wellspring Temple
+Battleground, FullscaleAssault, Ekrezem Maze, Emerald Gardens

(8)GolemsInTheMist_LV.w3x
(8)MarketSquare.w3x
(8)Sanctuary_LV_S2.w3x
(8)Northshire_S2.w3x
(8)Feralas_S2.w3x
(8)PaintedWorld_S2.w3x
(8)Battleground_LV.w3x
(8)FullScaleAssault.w3x
(8)EkrezemsMaze_S2_v1.1.w3x
(12)EmeraldGardens.w3x

2 Likes

A lot of these new changes are really cool. But Im a bit afraid it might just be too much in one patch.

Also Force of Nature costing only 85 mana is absolutely crazy. Please consider keeping the mana cost a bit more reasonable like 95 mana or so. At this rate we’re looking at the next Keeper patch

2 Likes

Great Changes. But please buff Blademaster a tiny bit to make him viable against human and undead. My suggestion +1 or +2 Agility at base stats.

3 Likes

Great changes. Thank you. So much more reasonable than that absurd PTR 1.
Taurens Tier 2 and Wand of Negation Tier 2 are 2 things that need to be tracked more than others here. No idea what change that could bring.

Personally, I am against the idea of Taurens Tier 2. It’s weird and so off. If we are doing this, why not make windriders Tier 3 and make windriders 5~6 food with different stats?

3 Likes

Saundering Blades

You guys make it really hard for us to think you guys are doing this with care and diligence. It is sundering

Rouge wizard

Rogue

Imaple

Impale

Ank

Ankh

Damaged changed to

damage changed to

duration duration

duration

costs reduced

cost reduced

Was this outsourced to some low labour cost country and not reviewed or something? I mean, it is a public secret that Blizzard doesn’t have a Q&A department, but please proof-read your post before you post them in blue :-/. It is in your name and a typo can happen but this is just sloppy.

5 Likes

On first view, this iteration is a HUGE W!
Thanks for listening to community suggestions. Will respond at a later time after thinking about it for a bit

“saundering blades”

???

1 Like

The ‘random’ Headhunter nerf is a bit unwarranted. The unit is not used in any matchup anymore.

Keeper Force of Nature buff a bit too much.
Moonwell regen is going to make him even more opressive again.

Impale buff might push CL FE over the edge again.

Weirdly, they don’t mention Berserker either. I wonder if the Berserker gets that 1 damage back or not.

1 Like
  • 7 NE buffs?? We already had mass NE patch in the past. Haven’t you learned any lesson from that? Moonwells were nerfed for a good reason. Keeper is good spot at the moment. The main problem for NE in top tier scene is they are lacking a player that is of quality of Lyn/Happy/Fortitude. If you look at ladder they are well represented in grandmaster rank. Just missing that one S-tier experienced player who is in shape and would win some trophies.
  • Headhunter nerf is completely unnecessary. This unit is not overpowered in any matchup currently.
  • All Tauren changes are nonsense to me. Leaving Orc without unit on T3 is just bad design. Find a way to make Taurens good T3 unit.
  • Fire Lord buffs are just so random. This hero has its nieche. Understand that You can’t make the game so literally all heroes are equally good option for 1st hero and this is fine. Those buffs will only result in more oppresive and dull Far Seer + Fire Lord tower pushes in Orc mirror which already is a problem
  • Healing Ward mana reduction will change nothing. The problem of Wards is that they die from 1 hit, making it unsuable in a fight. Also having dispell is far more important in most matchups so Doctors simply don’t fit to any build in 1v1.
  • CL buff also unnecesary. This hero is a viable option. I don’t think anyone asked for it.
  • Polymorph on heroes is another joke of a change. Game breaking buff.

Balance is in good state. The only thing that you should focus on is nerfing Ghoul Frienzy and if you really want to change something more than maybe rework Far Sight so it can be a viable choice.

On top of that please make it possible so we can switch around F keys between heroes so for example we can put 2nd hero under F1 key.

4 Likes

Horosho! Very good!

Follow me on this one.
So, Polymorph, a 200 mana spell can be used on heroes with 1,5 duration. Cyclone, a 150 mana spell, can disable an enemy hero for 6! seconds. And even then u need to really amass those talons to make cyclone useful. And how many times u see humans going t3 mass sorceress? That just doesn’t make sense. The only usage you can come up with is stopping chanelling spells. I can guarantee you that it won’t change a thing in any hu match-up

2 Likes

Give the paladin the ability to heal himself with his first ability, with a healing effectiveness of 50%. That is, a palladin can heal others for 200/400/600 health, and himself for 100/200/300.
This will give people a lot of things.

1. Paladin can now be chosen as the first hero, and he will be much more durable.
  2. By healing himself, the palladin will be able to be more in the company of the archmage, therefore the survival rate of the archmage will also increase.
  3. Paladin will no longer die with half of his mana unspent.
  4. By healing himself, he will not need to pump up shields, and instead of using a shield, he will pump up the aura of armor, as a result of which the survivability of the entire army will increase.

And look at this list, there are many changes that may interest you

1 Like

Any chance the custom games join bug could get fixed? It takes up to a day for new maps to be recognized, meanwhile when players attempt to join they are instantly booted.

plsplspls get someone to proofread these notes

Sundering Blades.

Pulverize. No d.

Melee is not a damage type. They had Normal damage.

Crypt Lord.

Naga Sea Witch.

Soul Burn.

Ankh.

Rogue.

There are also still plenty of bugs regarding the editor/custom games that we’d love to see fixed.

6 Likes