1.32.0.5 Beta Notes (Updated)

When I play warcraft 3 offline the skins for the heroes don’t work.
Am I the only one who has this problem ?

I do not even have option for offline

1 Like

unfortunately map loading decreased upon second load up for me
hopefully i’m not alone in this ;/

Normal games are nearly instant loaded.
Costum Maps depends on which map u wanna play.
Load times there are between 10sec and 2minutes and after Long times at least 1 Player Drops.

1 Like

sorry I didn’t mention that I was referring to normal games, I haven’t noticed any difference when I load the map for the first time like it takes 1 minute to load, but it does decrease on the second load not sure why

Do you play in 1080p?

What are the chances to see a big patch this week?

I don’t know if this is the right place for this, but I noticed that Blizzard has been listening to the community feedback pretty thoroughly.
Archer pose fix, hippogriff colour fix, etc.
One thing I only just noticed now was that they changed the orcs to all have a high saturation colour palette(Shrek like), now, I preferred the darker looking orcs like BM and peon and the original blizzcon showcase grunt, buuut, I appreciate the consistency.

Okay, on to actual reports:
-Troll creeps are still missing their “Berserk” animation, they have two spells, but they are both the “ensnare” ability. Troll Warlord has no animation for both spells.

=Grunt spell animation is far too long/complex for most spells.
The old grunt animation was 1.4 seconds, and played well with Frenzy, Bloodlust, Roar, etc. The new spell is 3.2 seconds long, one of the longest spell anims I’ve seen, very unfitting for a unit like grunt, who in custom games would typically use things like roar, howl of terror, berserk, frenzy, etc.
Because it includes the axe being thrown the spell interrupt looks really odd(Axe goes to ground and then magically re-appears)
I recommend trimming out the axe throw or simply speeding up the animation to be 1.5 seconds like the old spell anim.

-Tauren slam sound is poorly timed, it plays after the animation instead of at the same time.

-Opinion: I think the troll berserker needs to have the headhunter pauldron added, or the headhunter have his removed, the upgraded model looks much less complex and a drastic change between them.(The old berserker looked the same as HH but different enough in physique/pose to be recognizable)

-Berserkers, headhunters, and maybe others -never- use their second weapon, the old models threw both axes and both spears, the new models only ever use one and hold the other one for seemingly no reason.

-TROLL BACKFLIPS!??!?!?!
IMO one of the most iconic classic anims was the troll backflip, no current trolls have their backflip. Though on the positive, I love the HH’s mohawk straightening anim, very nice.(That, the pauldron, and the pointless secondary weapon on the berserker make it a big visual downgrade to upgrade tbh.)

-Siege Engine
Siege engine plays the -barrage- attack animation regardless of whether you have barrage, meaning the engine swaps models during attack only to return to the unupgraded model afterwords. This is also a classic bug, this is a really easy fix and I usually fix it myself in war3 customs.
Renaming the “Attack one alternate” anim to “Attack Alternate” fixes the problem.

-Mortar team has had since beta release and continues to have odd timing with the -firing animation- -the projectile launch- and the -attack animation sound- The timing is really off, the blast from the mortar, the projectile launch, and the sound, all happen too far apart from each other.

-Kodo beast textures blatantly broken, bright green on ropes and chains, this seems like an obvious one bound to be fixed soon.

-opinion, sort of… Beastmaster needs a serious overhaul, a bear pelt, furs, wolf pelt, maybe a boar skin, some hides, literally anything to make him look like more than a generic warrior. As of now he could be any mok’nathal, ogre, or “Brown Orc” , he actually looks more like a discount garrosh than a beastmaster…Actually, I take it back, this isn’t opinion, this is objective, lol.

-Odd scaling, these odd scaling choices were of course present in the original game, but not as extreme as in reforged, and moreso, they look way more jarring with the higher detail units.
First one is the peon building animation, whereas the peon becomes a tenth of the size and sits in a crane when building… I mean, the builds were never scaled realistically, but seeing a mini peon building right next to my normal sized peons working is super weird.
Second is even worse, the goblin tinker shrinking to again, a tenth or less of his original size, fails to make his demolisher form look bigger, but instead just looks really stupid, afaik the HoTs version doesn’t go through this weird shrinking when transforming, the old animation didn’t look nearly as bad when morphing, half the size might be acceptable, but now the tinker becomes smaller than most critters.

Will update if I find more.

2 Likes

The promo started :
X_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh8ly1iL0bA

Odd scaling? Whatever do you mean?
COUGH DOOMGUARD COUGH!..

COUGH LIGHTING REVENANT COUGH

:wink: (i’m serious to be clear me and my friends all assume these a bugs in the scalings, They are WAAAAAY to large)

2 Likes

Hm idk if it’s bug or they did it on purpose, i prefer the classic look, from coloring to the way the wings hang in the back in the classic are way more graceful and ‘‘queenish’’, anyway excited for tomorrow update.

PS: why Grubby completely abandoned reforged, is it that bad, buggy? i see other streamers are playing.

They are trying reduce lag by downgrade graphic?

Ingame high and low preset:
xhttps://imgur.com/a/r8F0tpz

It looked same!

1 Like

ur link wont load/open, can u upload agn?

yes

xhttps://imgur.com/a/r8F0tpz

I wonder if both of them are going to merge for low-medium graphics and we get better for high-ultra.
I mean there is options for everything, from shadows to texture, lighting etc.
So Low would be , no shadows , less texture etc.
Medium, shadows, texture etc
Ultra, water/ grass/ tree animation, better environment effects.

Siege Engine attack has no missile animation, just does damage without any explosion.

Projectiles don’t show up if units are too close to other units, this looks odd and didn’t happen in classic.(AFAIK anyway)
Classic bug still in reforged, footmen using defend have their formation broken and walk and line up awkwardly.

Also wondering if BLizz is still committed to the modeling tools and the max unit selection options in the editor for customs, that was one of the biggest selling points for me.

I noticed some bugs.

• After casting Volcano game stops responding, opening the model of Volcano’s shells in worldeditor freezes it for a minute. “Volcano (Effect) Missile”
  • For some reason, smooth (a.k.a frequent) moving of a unit causes desynchronization in multiplayer (screenshots: https://yadi.sk/i/tRugNo0ZIAbH-A and https://yadi.sk/i/CemyQQ-dQQaEpw. P.s. they’ve been working in Frozen Throne for years).
  • You can already play solo games w/o internet connection (with a help of a little glitch)

so nobody gets the wrong idea, this is classic and reforged ASSETS. not play between classic and reforged versions of the game.

I only have 1 question. Why is the custom campaign feature gone???