1.31.1 Patch Notes

just as the Patch Note said, custom maps now appear on the game creation list and won’t cause a crash while browsing the creation list.
BUT most Custom maps are still NOT PLAYABLE, They are only viewable on the creation list. As long as I try to create a custom game with a custom map, there will be an error window jump out.
This Update is pretty MEANINGLESS

3 Likes

after this update I dont see battle net, so I cant login into warcraft 3 itself,not multiplayer, since I purchased reforged I dont have cd keys

1 Like

I got the same issue on Mac.

None of the custom maps and campaign works, the game crashed on map loading screen.

Can we get RoC back one way or the other, maybe in Reforged? Reign of Chaos will have a very special place in alot of players’ hearts and it really hurts to see it gone. Many people played it over TFT because of its very different gameplay, meta and nostalgic reasons, alot like WoW Classic coming in a few months.
I really feel it deserves a place in the game, even though RoC players were obviously a minority, its player base was always dedicated and tournaments were still common.

1 Like

You still need to re-enable the option to have sound from the game play in background while the game is no longer in focus(alt-tabbed, minimized, etc).

Give a sound option that toggles this setting on/off.

Many of us wish we had the original option (before the big patch) where sound played in background because it let us know when a custom lobby was starting.

Some of us even like the game music playing in the background while we are doing something else. I mean, its been habituated in our brains. We expect to feel that stimulant, but we no longer do. So its jarring and we miss the stimulant.

4 Likes

Hello, since the new patch i cant load my own Warcraft III map in the editor, each time there i try to load my map the editor crash. I try to uninstall and install the game new but it dont help.

1 Like

It’d be really nice if the window size of the open file dialog for the world editor was adjustable imgur . com/a/QMgebBW

Apparently this happend in every map, in which Abilities - Normal of a hero was altered. There is an ability named Inventory (Hero), which is missing in those. Not sure wether that is a new thing, or (more probably) it was somehow reworked and they forgot to ajust it in customs…
Fixing that should be really simple, all they have to do is add that ability. By the way, in The Awakening of Stormrage this bug makes the Protectors drop three Orbs just around the horn of Cenarius (their starting location), which the player can take so it may be sometimes even advantageous…
The same will probably occure in NE 06 after Illidan morphes.

Unable to load any replays with the current patch.

Please fix or advise how to fix the “map file associated with the replay could not be found” error

1 Like

I tried your above fix but it still is very slow. Any suggestions?

if u can add support of change unitid directly within the script and allow us to change specific units icons,that would be great

Please, add support for 4096x2160 resolution.

Wrote by mistake windowedmode instead of windowmode.
-graphicsapi Direct3D9 -windowmode fullscreen should work fine.

6 Likes

i noticed that maps saved with the public test realm client is not found by the live client.

I tried this and still having no luck. What else can I do?

My map was working properly till this hotfix, now it “freezes” after some mins (people notified it 2 times yesterday, froze at 40 and 10 mins). I have been told this “freezing” is happening with most of other custom maps too. You dont get crash report, w3 is not closed, there is no CTD, is a new bug, it just… Freezes. Help with this please, we dont know what it could be due to :confused:

3 Likes

i found a serious issue that have to do with the editor: icons can no longer be placed in * ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons. that prevents the use of disabled button icons. all icons is now bound to war3mapimported and can not be moved.

I can’t join any maps online or create any. It just stalls or returns to main page in the client …

Hasn’t worked for 2 weeks now -_-

I can join customs just fine. That doesn’t seem like a patch issue that seems like a you issue. Test it like 5 times and see if it’s just the games starting before you join or if it’s some other issue. If it’s some other issue, try reinstalling.