1.31.1 patch lag

I downloaded the new patch and the lag makes the game unplayable. Last patch a forum said to go to your properties and type “-graphicsapi Direct3D9” under the target fiend but this does not work this patch. How to fix this issue?

1 Like

What do you mean by “Lag”?
Mouse lag, internet lag, low frames etc.

1 Like

The lag I am referring to is mouse lag.

It happened to me. The update caused my wc3 client to use my integrated graphics card. Instead of my Nvidia. Try right clicking the desktop icon, then select Run using Nvidia. This happens to me after updates.

Is this option only available when multiple GPU drivers are installed? Since I have only NVidia graphics and no such option appears and I have not experienced a system with dual graphics to know.

In any case the mouse lag might be the result of the full screen mode used. Try the various different full screen modes (see 1.31 patch notes for the commands).

1 Like

I just updated to 1.31 and i also have mouse lag. i noticed “Warcraft III.exe” opens 1.29 with no lag while “Warcraft III Launcher.exe” opens 1.31 with lag. its temporary solution if u want to only play single player. i hope they fix it soon. i am planning to buy the new wc3 any way like i did with sc1. but i still like the old one cause it “truly” work offline. i also kinda hate sc2 offline mode cause to active it u need to be online first =/ !!!

1 Like