1.31.0 Patch Notes

you broke more of the old maps with your worthless update

1 Like

Guys i cant play 2v2 with a friend it doesnt work. Is there any official info when its gonna be fixed? Very annoying

Completely new type of crash where wc3 just stops responding. Yo, wake up. You messed up again. In bug fixes there are few custom maps that were somewhere fixed. What about others way more popular maps? You don’t care? 10+ patches for balancing kotg +tier1 nelves and the balance is still nowhere to be found. Stopped watching pro scene months ago when even some1 like lyn - the best orc player: mentally gave up on that state of the melee game against nelf as orc. Release hotfixes asap and do tests on maps that are relevant. Who in the world plays Builders and Fighters? You are acting like old meme Ajit Pai ( Net Neutrality guy) who wanted better internet thinking that all people use the internet for is instagram’ing photos, and posting picture of cute animals. There is much more to Custom Maps than you think. Fix Warcraft.

1 Like

Warcraft 3 worked well last night. I open the game up this morning and see a patch, so I click to update. Now the patch won’t install past 65% (I assume as thats where the repair tool always starts at every time I open the game). I have reinstalled the game and no improvement. I can still enter the game but this ridiculous update renders the game unplayable in terms of lag. To anyone yet to accept the 1.31.0: DON’T. It will break the game.

Do you click on the repair button and see it start at 65% too?

Amen Brother! Same here, ran perfect, update, now I cant play. I am trying to figure out how to go back to previous version. A 5 year old PC that wont run a 15 year old game is CRAZY!!

Is there a way to “un-do” and go back to 1.3?

1 Like

@Pete

How can we run WarcraftIII with DirectX9? Did you guys drop support for legacy graphic cards? Is there a workaround?

SCENARIO 1
Patch team leader: “Hey team, a lot of people still play warcraft3 custom maps and content is still being made, how do we improve their experience”
That evil employee: “let’s release a patch that breaks %99 of the actively played custom maps but doesn’t break the very very unpopular maps”

SCENARIO 2
Money greedy evil boss: “Guys a lot of people still play warcraft3 but we need them to buy reforged. What can we do to stop them?”
Same evil employee “they are mostly playing custom maps, let’s release a forced patch that breaks the custom maps, that would make them stop playing wc3 and they would buy reforged”

Both cases: Employee gets a raise

3 Likes

You are absolutely right!

I don’t know how to “un-do”, just know how to stay unpatched.

STAYING ON 1.30

If your hotkeys don’t work, you should place the CustomKeys.txt file in the x86 or x86_64 folder!!

1 Like

Game crashing loading any map…

SPECIFIC CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS

improvements
lmao

“Sounds are disabled when the client is not active”
I was using sound cue to know whether the game has started or not when alt tabbing
Now what? I have to stare at an the empty lobby for 10min?
If I didn’t want the sound when client not active, I could just hit ctrl+S

Game crashes after every game
Game takes insane amount of memory (2go+)

Resolution is fvcked

It takes a long time alt tabbing
The game used to be in some sort of background mode and it worked very well

Do you people even play the game you’re trying to fix?

5 Likes

Hey, so I like most of the changes that were made to the world editor, but apparently something got screwed up with the update. Like many others I’ve seen, I was working on a map after the update, and all was well, and I saved and closed. I opened that map today, and all of my custom abilities, upgrades, units, etc. are missing every string in their data that was edited. It’s all blank. Seems like a pretty big problem, and it’s definitely going to set back the custom map community, because I don’t believe anyone wants to sit through hours and hours of re-doing every single name/tooltip/hotkey for every custom object every time they re-open their maps. I really hope there’s a fix already in the works for this.

1 Like

@GrapesOfWath

They are aware of the bug of corrupted strings, and are looking to resolve it. The 1.31 announcement thread on hive has one of the devs acknowledging the issue, and they are trying to resolve it.

No current fix for the current patch, so you’ll likely have to wait until the next patch for a functional world editor.

1 Like

Hi. After update to 1.31 I’m not able to load the save which I made during campaign. How to fix this or how to rollback to previous version??

Hello,

Since there seems to be a problem about randomized strings in the world editor after saving a map, I decided to check for myself by opening one of my maps.

The map I opened was from version 1.29 of Warcraft 3.
I opened, checked everything (scripts, custom data, abilities, etc) and then I saved the map with another name just so I wouldn’t lose the original, but I can’t seem to replicate the problem. Everytime I do this process, the map remains OK, nothing is changed. How do I replicate the scenario of randomized Strings?

Please, don’t remove it. Direct3D 11 support is terrible. frame rate went from 80 to 40 fps. The only way I fixed this is using d3d 9, so please don’t drop support for Direct3D 9.

4 Likes

Is there a way that I would be able to roll back to a previous version?

I made a save during the second chapter of the “Founding of Durotar” and now when I attempt to load the save the game says that it isn’t able to find the map, despite being a Blizzard made campaign. Says something to the effect of “Can’t find map OrcX02_03.wex” and I’m sort of suspecting that this might be an issue with the current patch, seeing as everyone else is having issues with loading saved files as well.