1.30.4 Patch Notes

I couldn’t find it again either, so use the link I made earlier last year:) Click on the down arrow:

Hello.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to host.
I am using Windows 7. I am playing Warcraft 3 TFT.
This isn’t testing. It is the ordinary classic Warcraft 3.

Please fix. It was fixed before. Now it isn’t working…

Hello Pete, i must point out 1 problem which wasnt fixed maybe last 2 patch.

In custom game lobby when you SELECT game with left mouse click = its name should be directly shown in “game name” bar.

Then when game name is shown you just click on “Join” button next to it and enter game.

Now : In last 2 patch when i select a custom game from list it doesnt show (copy) that name in “game name bar” , and clicking join button gives me error : "You must specify a game to join ".

After that list refresh very fast and its impossible to find same name again or impossible to copy game name cause it doesnt showing in bar (its empty)

• that way you cant whisper name of custom game to friends…

This is simple premise , i will go logical way cause i am not programer

Select game from custom lobby = copy its name in “game name bar”
"A title of custom game shown in bar " = Join button recognize game name.

It was always like this since ROC and TFT .

1. Refresh buton : In previous patches, when you click Refresh button its fading out indicating that you refreshed list…

Then when list refresh again, it goes full solid color again.
It was always like this in wc3 before.

In last 2 patch, that function doesnt exist anymore.

Advice : Since new refreshing system is refreshing so fast in new patches, maybe this fade out may irritate a bit. Slow down refreshing a bit ? I dont know,you check and decide.

Here are screens for Join button (remove x_)

X_Join button - Album on Imgur

Hi guys would like to let you know that custom campaigns are broken for mac :frowning:
upon finding the hidden folder in libary/application support/blizzard/warcraft 3/campaigns it seems they still dont show up in game.

here is a screenshot of my filepath (remove x_)
x_https://imgur.com/cNEOtOL

Crashing every game since patch

@Pete what are your next plans?

Whats up…

The recent changes for nightelves have showed me, how powerfull the wisp detonates are. For example, in the Orc versus Nightelve matchup, if the NE fast expands with keeper and probably alchemist following, the orc is with the back against the wall, he must all-in against the expansion, at least on world class level. You can’t expand on your own, keeper and treants will cancel it and if you creep, you give the expansion more and more time to work, so you are obviously all-in, and now what ? You got a blader and SH, very little grunts and raider and very little spirit walker, the elves pulls all wisps from the entangled goldmine and boom… all your mana for healwaves, windwalks, disenchant, spirit link and the spirit link itself is gone, have fun fightning against keeper, treants and a whole bunch of T1 units. Its most likely impossible to win that.
That goes for the top level players.

For myself as undead, on my, lets say “mediocre” battlenet level, I tend to think recently, that nightelves still getting something out of it, when they are loosing there expansion, if you fail to manage the wisp harras, you lose tons of mana on one, or even both of your heros. Not to mention that it even dispells all of the skelletons.

For now, I think, it is too much of a brainless move, pulling some wisp from the entangled goldmine to detonate them in the enemy army, before or inbetween the push for insane value …

Here is what I want: Cut the burned mana in half but leave the damage to summoned units as it is. If a nightelve really wants to AoE manaburn against casters or heros, he should invest into extra wisps and think about it twice before he does that …

5 Likes

I would love to know this as well. Cannot do team ranked matches

Just downloadet the latest patch after few weeks & still invisible buildings.
This bug is there for 20 Years. Cant you guys patch that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToztZuKIQFo&t=29s

Pretty dump if there is a bug for so long time which makes the game completly useless.

Arranged team still has some issues. Sometimes it works sometimes it says that you haven’t opened 6112 port. Of course I have the port open. This problem is not just to me, but for everyone I’ve talked to with or seen on twitch. Most of the times it works but sometimes it doesn’t and you have to re-login or change accounts or I don’t even know what. It is just random. Please guys can you confirm you know this issue exist and you are trying to solve it? It is really annoying and I haven’t seen any answer or mention from you for a very long time. (It is since 1.30.1 came out not just this patch 1.30.4)
Thank you.

1 Like

Please fix the map problem.
I cannot host games…
It is still broken for me.

… I’am probably a little late with this kind of feedback but I have to say it anyway,
but keep in my mind, that english is not my native language…

My problem with the balance changes in the last year is, how heavy and strong several changes has been done, and I’am not even talking about the questionable T2 fortified upgrade for now. Its more about that I think, a hand full of changes has been made, just because to increase the usage of a unit or hero and not for the actually purpose balancing, or lets say, the correct values that feel fair for the most part of the community.

I can give two examples, for the first one, I cannot hide that I’am most likely biased towards the undead race, maybe for a good reason, maybe not…

1. Destroyers were an issue in the Undead vs Human matchup: (Mana)Destroyers kill alot of towers (if they aren’t splitted) they counter footys and knights, and they do “okay” against rifler and air units, and they hard counter casters.

What was the overall answer to this issue ?

-Carrion swarm now hits mechanical units (very good change because the panda cannot be coiled and you want definitely some good AoE burst damage in the later stages of the game. I like it alot, very reasonable change)

-Statues and Destroyer -50 HP, and -25% damage for the orb of annhilation. (Holy macarony, destroyers are still one of the most expensive units in the game, and without mana, they are pretty much dead supply against there counterparts)

-Orb of corruption -1 armor reduction: I dont wanna talk too much about it, since probably all matchups have been a reason for this change, but well, it still has the same price, so that might be something too look at.

-Rifler got about 10% bonus DPS: I dont wanna talk too much about it since probably all matchups have been a reason for this change, but still it also influence what I wanna show.

-Gyrocopters received an +50 HP bonus: An insane +50 HP bonus for a unit, that cost only 1 supply, and afaik it cost only 5 gold more.)

-Flagcannons is now T2: I really like the idea, even tho I think, the splash radius for its effect is gigantic, so its alot of work and time to split your destroyers correctly. : /

Overall, it does make sense but I’am baffled about the +50 bonus HP for gyros and the -50 HP for statues and destroyers. In my opinion, we should have started just with the flagcannons for T2 and the -25% less damage for the orb of annihlation.

1. The second example, of course, is about the mountain giants.
    In fact, in over 10 years of following this game, I have (almost) never seen a pro player, especially MYM]Moon, building a single Mountain Giant.

What was the answer to this issue ?

-75 gold cost (Build 5 get one for free btw.)
-1 supply (I know it has been changed but I still wanna mention it.)
-A double Taunt: A freaking double taunt ? may I ask, what the hell is going on ? lol

In my opinion, we should have started with -25 gold cost and probably -1 supply needed (It was the most meaninfull change, even tho, it had a chaotic outcome) because a normal battle net player already knew, how hard it is too deal with an upgraded MG. These changes would set a signe, a little motivation to use this unit, and that is sometimes enough to increase the usage. More changes could have been done afterwards.

For the taunt effect, I always thought it is powerfull enough; A well timed taunt inbetween the rifler volleys or especially the fiend volley for damage negation, or to get knights and aboms a little bit out of position, since there is also a synergie with dryad slows, this is not a thing to be underrestimated, and sure, it gets much more effective with 2-3 MGs and good timings. I would say, its utility is even better than tinker rockets, it negates damage and brings melee units slightly out of position and it cost no mana on top of it.
And now its a freaking double taunt lol, sorry, but that was totaly unessecary.

But I can agree that MGs are too bad on T2 without any upgrades, but way too powerfull with hardend skin (and healing effects) so I still want a good good nerf for this passive… please.

Again, the approach should be the correct value for units and heros, and a little bit less there total usage, especially the changes for MGs, nightelve T1, and the keeper, were over the top, in my opinion. But I also have to say, that moving the spirit walker to the tauren totem, was most likely a good change, even tho, it came with a price of less used doctors and shamans.

So, I’am definitely not screaming to reverse everything that has been done, I liked alot of the changes, and alot of things made sense, but I hope for the future, that changes will be made less drastically, less at once, and so on…
And of course, there are still things to discuss…

A little sidenote for the T2 fortified upgrade: Its problem, AM and footy push and the DH/BeM push with staff), should have solved differently, in my opinion, with slightly better repair speed and/or with a splitted upgrade, one for burrows, and a level 2 for towers on T3. But that change probably need its own topic.
In the end, I can only say, I rather accept pro players loosing there games without fortified burrows, than ruining tons of battlenet games, because players dont know how to deal with fortified towers (so early) correctly…

2 Likes

I’m having issues playing big sized maps.

In this case twrpg s4 v0.22h

Problem:
After loading screen and starting the game, it get’s freeze for like 4 mins!!. After waiting that time i get dsync and it send to me to the end score screen.

Specs:
ASUS A88XM-PLUS
RAM 16GB ddr3
CPU: A10-7700k 3.4Ghz
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti SC 4GB
Using HDD 1Tera. (I’m seriously thinking about SSD now).
S.O : Windows 10 x64Bits.

Drivers updated. Please HELP!.

I am running a Windows 7 computer and still having problems trying to host custom games in the original games Warcraft III. Please fix this Blizzard. It was working a few patches earlier. Now it is broken again. I used to be able to host. I cannot host now… I want this fixed very badly.

I also re-installed the game and it did not fix it…

Dev team I beg you, fix the arrange team issue. It’s driving me crazy!

2 Likes

Are the Dev guys looking at the Arranged Team issue? It would be nice to have acknowledgement…it’s the only reason i play the game and we are close to giving up…

3 Likes

Please make it possible to customize the interface in castom maps. For example, display the magical resistance next to armor. Or other custom characteristics.

Since yesterday it feels like the ping has gone up quite a bit, on average I now have 85-130 ping and spikes ingame… did anything change? Maybe the hostbots also need some restarts from time to time (like the external hostbots did)

Thank you for listening.
Awesome work on the updates so far.
Loving watching this progress into a even better game.
please keep listening .
I am not ready to give input in yet