1.30.3 PTR Notes

Well, I’am satisfied with the changes but I still think, the mountain giants need more nerfs, especially the hardenend skin.

I mean, for high level players (not me) have a tough time to deal with them, usualy massing air units or heavy T3 melee units seems as the logical counter or answer to them, but because there are also ranged units in the backline, most likely dryads + heros with the orb effect (against air) and a techswitch to shims is coming (against everything with heavy armor) they are very very tough to deal with. Sometimes they look impossible to overcome on pro level.

But I really appreciate the supply nerf, because I also thought about them as a supporter unit, not a core unit. Well, same goes for fearie dragons but thats another topic.

btw. please keep the developers notes for future patches, I already liked them alot in HotS.

1 more food cost, makes them 0 less op.

3 Likes

If you got yourself killed on one combo - which requires you to have lvl 1 hero and enemy lvl 5+3 hero, you did something wrong in game and one dead hero does not matter anymore at the stage tho.

But ye, Nova cost 125 mana - is it OP?

3 Likes

Thx for the developer explanations.
Please nerf windwalk and mana burn next, extremely unfun and broken abilities to play against.

1 Like

What about country channels like ger-1 pol-1 etc. We really need it! If there is a problem with that, please inform people, because a lot of people asking about that. What is point for making ger-24 where is only one guy-me? :frowning:

3 Likes

Love the developer notes. Keep them coming!

I doubt the alchemist nerfs are enough, the acid bomb damage is still really high for an aoe debuff ability. Healing spray is still crazy good, it should be nerfed in how much it heals or heal enemy units again.

Entangle nerf is probably not enough, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction, the range was just too much… It’s still an insane spell at lvl2+ with an extremely long duration and excessive damage just because “it’s dispellable”

Glaive thrower killing trees is not a bug, it’s literally in the description that vorpal blades allows glaives to destroy trees. I agree the behavior change of vorpal blade is weird… Perhaps a proper behavior would be that glaives do no aoe when unupgraded and do line damage when upgraded with vorpal blades, keeping them different and adding a skill component to lining them up properly. Making the projectile track it’s target seems really weird to me however, i’m not sure about that, if anything, them being not able to miss was highlighted as a balance issue, yet you’re practically keeping it intact with homing glaives. Homing glaives literally mean there is no escape from instant death/massive damage unlike all other siege units since they do massive damage on a long attack cooldown.

Otherwise, I love the defend and MG changes.

6 Likes

Thanks for the hard work guys! :smile:

2 Likes

Average playercount went up by 20% the last month. Fail

Hey Pete. Thanks a lot for the patchnote. I especially appreciate the effort of communication, with all the balance choices explained. Good job, keep it going! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great patch, love it. One request: can we get some support for changing resolutions in game? The workarounds don’t give me native, and I know it’s not user-friendly for new or returning players, either, so it’d be a good change.

2 Likes

How was single blademaster destroying everything is balanced?

2 Likes

Can we get a AT unable to invite/freezing bug fixed so we can actually test these changes? lol

2 Likes

Giants need to cost more than 350 gold. Is supply nerf a joke?

2 Likes

This patch is in the right direction, and the move towards smaller patches is a good one. However, I doubt the changes are enough.

• Human really needs those 5 extra seconds of militia duration, to be able to creep early and expand. There are now certain maps where human can no longer creep certain creep camps early, or expand early, the effect of which accumulates and makes human weak.

• The moonwell issue needs to be looked at. The buff to moonwell regeneration is one of the main reasons why night elf has been so strong. If the goal of the moonwell regeneration buff was to give night elf more ability to hold off early rushes, I suggest instead to simply increase the starting mana of moonwells and remove the regeneration buff.

6 Likes

Great change in communication style <3 really really love it.

4 Likes

Brehs PLEASE just give some kind of hotfix for desyncing and whatnot

8 Likes

Blademaster was countered well in version 1.28 by frost armor slow storm bolt cyclone hex and ensnare. Balance with strong blademaster of 1.28 was at least skill based so each side could win. Now since version 1.29 many matchups became upperhill battles like orc vs hu or hu vs ud so we need to go back to version 1.28 so that we can recover a working skill based foundation of wc3 meta / balance. Based on that we could slightly Nerf some human imbalance and talon production time. That should be about it.

1 Like

address every problems and resolve it one by one. You go right direction Blizz. Thanks

3 Likes

And still game search doesnt work and in custom games only 1 of 5 games are played to finish(or even started) due to Desync and disconnects, host shot down.

Equals = all their patch/updates are FAIL

4 Likes

No fixes for desynicing and disconnects?

Please bring back hostbots and add a filter to hide them for the players who don’t want them or give us a separated gateway for hostbots. And thanks.

3 Likes