1.30.2 Patch Notes

AT is not working ??

7 Likes

Got into a game and now it Stutters/lags now too … Great!

Patch 1.30.2 is causing crashes when viewing the custom games. Battlenet is grayed out for a brief time when you launch warcraft 3.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m still experiencing the mouse delay that started since the introduction of 16:9 resolutions.

I tried all the common fixes like -nativefullscreen and -opengl. Any chance that’ll be part of a fix soon? I’m bringing it up because I’d love to buy Reforged, but I can’t as long as the delay is in the game.

2 Likes

R.i.P beloved host bots. Unfortunately, the release of 1.30.2 comes with the downfall of bots and therefore our custom FFA ladder. Multiple players (5 and more with 0-0 stats) were searching for an FFA ladder match on Northrend tonight. They never found a match for whatever reason despite searching at the same. Something doesn’t seem to be right.

7 Likes

Thanks for the patch. Few notes in the early stages because you might want to hotfix some of these. AT is severely broken. If you invite; the game lobby does not load at all. You cannot even press cancel as the buttons (if they even load) malfunction. You have to use the task manger to kill War3.exe and then reboot the game entirely. If you are invited for AT you cannot join, but the grey out, as the attempt to join the game, appears permanent and thus the person has to quit bnet and relog in order to get rid of it.

Custom games seem nice, but joining them might be buggy. An friend of mine tried banning and unbanning me, but even after unbanning me, and me rejoining the game, I had no success in joining the games after that game specific game for testing. The mouse cursor still does not always appear in the chat. This still results in opening menu’s or leaving games when one starts typing, as the game considers some keys now as shortcuts/hotkeys to those menus.

People who (re-)join a clan channel after a game, but are not related to the clan, will be automatically put into the void when they attempt to use the chat. They can join, they can read but as soon as they hit enter to send a message, rather then sending the message, it sends them to the void. Consistently. They have to relog to the game to fix this. There may be some nuances to when this occurs as, of course, it is still early.

You have to double click a custom game in the list to join it, or type the name and then hit the join game button; you can however not click on the game and then hit the join game button (i.e. the name is not copied to the game name window when clicked once). Not sure if this is intentional or not, but feel like this is obnoxious. Especially since the cursor already does not appear in the game name line (as mentioned before).

I’m not sure if the players that switch spots in the game lobby is a good thing. This appears highly confusing as people now blink across the screen in attempt to settle for a specific team number. I get the idea you want people in the same team in also clustered in the game lobby, but the flipping of slots seems counter productive to even get to any team at all.

Friends who join a (custom) game now send 2 whispered message. The first tells me they joined a game with a specific game ID (no idea what this is. The second is the regular one, as it always has been.

Elf nerfs are insufficient to balance the game. We don’t really need testing for that. I’m not going to elaborate on that. Everyone knows this. I think it is impossible you don’t know at least as well as the average bnet player.

I hear sounds some people just cannot find bnet games at all. It works for me personal tough. I guess some action may trigger a malfunction in the search queue.

6 Likes

This is so annoying happens to me all the time…

Just downloaded on Mac and I’m having trouble with the graphics. No widescreen is available and screen resolution is locked any greyed out. Anyone else having these issues or knowledge on how to sole them? I’ve tried the terminal trick where you launch it in non native, it allowed me to change resolution …but still no widescreen:/
Thanks!

1 Like

can hosts kick ingame?

Is Blizzard recieving the Error reports we are getting after the crash?

And do they help?

Would be nice to be able Host AT-Games in future without study It.

4 Likes

There was an error applying the upgrade.

:frowning: happens always the client wants to restart to make changes

thanks, i was waiting to be able to play the classic, but i have a problem, i cant change the resolution of the game to fix with my laptop screen :frowning:

Farewell to all the host bots now.

I am having the same exact problem. Hope this gets fixed soon otherwise this patch is pretty useless for custom game enthusiasts.

2 Likes

I lag out of almost every game even though my ping states its under 50. With the host bots i would never lag out.

3 Likes

Many custom games just end after couple of seconds playtime, sometimes after couple minutes. For example: Legion TD Mega, one of the most popular WC3 maps is unplayable, the new versions end in couple of seconds and older versions end in 4-5 minutes. Just everyone get’s disconnected at the same time.

I have GTX 1080ti GPU, was playing WC3 last 3 days at 500fps, now I have 52fps and game mouse stutters.

When playing with 4 friends, many times when one of them wanted to join the game crashed or it told the game could not be found.

2 times one of my friend joined game loby, he got kicked out after alt tabing, but he was still in the lobby (atleast we saw him in the lobby), when he wanted to join the lobby again his game crashed

After our game just randomly ended, we could not enter our friends next game that he hosted, unles we logged out of bnet and logged back in.

Is there a plan to replace bot system? I was mostly playing Legion TD and Dota, liked the MMR, W/L ration, ELO rating, Ladder rankings on the bot websites. It really gave a thrill to play more and it stopped players from leaving the games too often. Now I feel like there is no punishment for not playing well or just random leaving if you don’t like the start of the game. In general this will lower the experience for everyone who invests most of the time in one specific custom map. Enabling hosting for everyone is great, but I really don’t think you made the experience better for most Custom Map players with disabling bots, they had their advantages and we got used to them. They were created and maintained by the community, don’t think it’s good to go against the community… again…

Was this beta tested? It’s weekend we want to play ;(

5 Likes

It doesnt even let me log into a server, it says “there was an error handling the request”

4 Likes

Latin american player here, it seems when I enter a custom lobby my ping is too high in any region/lobby (500ms+)

Any fix yet?

the same happens to me, can’t play a match :frowning: