Sentinel Campaign crash

After the 1.33 patch I have encountered an issue where any level on the Sentinel campaign crashes almost immediately. I have been in contact with support to try and isolatee the issue and they recommended me to report the bug.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. So far I tested level 4 Wrath of the Betrayer of the Sentinel campaign. It always crashes to desktop after a few minutes. I did not have time to reproduce this behaviour, but stopped playing after trying it for about 10 times.
Others have mentioned that this crash is related to using the minimap or moving the view close to the first quest location.

EDIT: After testing again I can confirm that it is happening to me when clicking at certain points on the minimap. This is happening in chapter 1 and chapter 4, but chapter 2 and chapter 3 seem to work.

3 Likes

I just tested using the latest hotfix from August 30, but the game still crashes. I did further testing and can confirm that the game also crashes when scrolling with arrow keys or the mouse close to the bottom quest marker in Wrath of the Betrayer mission.

2 Likes

The game is also crashing in this spot for me. Sentinels Campaign :: Wrath of the Betrayer. Has crashed 5x in a row now. I’ve made sure my computer (Mac) is up to date, as well as the latest version/patch. Unplayable currently.

2 Likes

Yeah, the hotfix didn’t do it for me neither

1 Like

So, any fix yet?
We didn’t even get a “we are working on it” response so far.

1 Like

Options → Video, under graphical settings turn everything to off/low. “fixes” the crash

3 Likes

Great, works for me also… Thanks for the hint! Otherwise one shouldn’t be forced to turn settings down to potato… Anyways at least I can continue playing now :slight_smile:

EDIT: It is only necessary to set particles to Low. All the other settings did not cause any problems in my testing.

3 Likes

Well, now I’ve progressed to the first mission of the blood elves campaign, and this map also crashes every time. Haven’t found a work around this time. Sometime after you place your tiny castle (which is missing its item name), the map crashes.

1 Like

Can confirm! this worked for me.

Yes! This worked. See FreeDom’s post below, only need to update the particles setting to low.

This solution workerd for me, thanks so much for you feeedback.
I happy to destroy the Naga bases now.

Setting particles to low didn’t help. First mission for sentinels has crashed about 7 times now, usually around the in-game cinematic of the wildkin or after.