Won't completely uninstall?

My computer thinks this game is using 47gb of space, but the Blizzard Launcher is telling me it’s not installed and won’t let me uninstall it, giving error BLZBNTBNU00000006. Trying to uninstall it manually just reopens the launcher which has no option to uninstall, just install. What gives? Overwatch is the same deal.

Are you able to locate the game files on the computer? If not then the games have likely been removed. If we’re looking at the Windows Apps & Features window, one thing to keep in mind is that the entries there are controlled by the registry. If the files were removed but those registry entries were not, then those applications will appear as if they’re still installed. This can happen if the game files were manually deleted.

If you’re unable to find the game files on the computer, then you’ll likely need to manually remove those registry entries. Microsoft has an article for that here. If you’re uncomfortable working with the registry, we recommend contacting Microsoft support for assistance with those steps.

Hello, I am having the same issues! I followed the steps but was unable to locate the StarCraft file in the Uninstall folder after triple checking the DisplayName and UninstallString for all of the files. Any other ideas on how to get this 13 GB file off of my add or remove programs?

Howdy!

One thing to keep in mind is that Add or Remove Programs listing isn’t very smart it’s based on the registries within Windows. Thus if a program is manually deleted for any reason or fails to uninstall thoroughly but the overall data was removed while registry files are left behind. Add or Remove Programs will still list the program as installed, and the space is taken when it is in fact not taken at all.

If you do not find a Starcraft folder on your computer then it’s very likely already deleted and this simply becomes a visual error with Add or Remove Programs. The fix for that would be to manually remove the StarCraft Entry from Add or Remove Programs listing which you can do by following the steps Here.

Note these are considered advanced steps if you need assistance we would recommend reaching out to Microsoft support.

Thank you.

Please also do not resurrect old threads Going to lock this thread, start a new one if you need anything else. :slight_smile: