Why Starcraft Remastered is the way it is ... Here is the reason

Pretty shocking …

5 Likes

What does that have to do Starcraft Remastered? Blizzard is putting plenty of money into development. It’s the non-developmental roles like support, publishing, and community management that were downsized, consolidated, or reposted at much lower wages. For development roles the concern is crunch and suddenly having upper management shift your role or move you to a different project with no warning.

1 Like

If Blizzard puts in huge amounts of money into development, all it means is they invested in a large number of people who are each individually underpaid. Underpaid staff generally = low motivation, low skill, or both. Or - superstars joining under false pretenses but stay for a short while and leave to better paying jobs.

This is how it would impact on development of projects. Hard to argue it didn’t happen with WC3 Remastered…

SC Remastered is decent quality, my guess is they recruited some skilled people for low pay - project was completed while staff were in their honeymoon phase and still motivated. After product shipped, probably got a crap bonus or nothing, no payrise even though they were probably promised one, and went into WC3 Remastered with staff severely demotivated and others quitting.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. Crap companies that used to be a monopoly follow this trend all the time. Monopolies always go through this phase, trying to cheapen out and ride off their previous reputation until it’s gone. Best to leave dump companies like this and join them when they’re back on the upward trend.

Almost nobody stays at “prestigious” companies - check out people that work for the Big 4 consultancies, massive prestige yet most people only stay for a few years. There is a reason for that. I have also worked for one of them so have first hand experience.

2 Likes

Starcraft remastered is not decent lol, it never was …
Neither at launch nor patches latter with buggs over buggs…

Decent is when you can just enjoy the game and dont need to worry about crashes, lag spikes, disconnects, stupid overtrying to create account to play, launchers that dont start because you dont have most modern system, all features promised before you launch the game, lists of old game you cant join, campaign mission not starting, false promises, etc.

THe only thing that could make people oversee this are people that enjoy the core gameplay, are filled with nostalgia, love the hardness to get better at this diffcult game …

Anyone who thinks the launch and the following patches were decent really should check out other games … LOL … Deluded

And lets not even start with the worst, different gateways not finding your friends, getting around to join same channel/ neededing to play with some players so you can ask them to be your friends…
You want to play with some old friend that lives away from you … BAh …
All these bs that waste your time for basic things… Come on THis is not human worthy and all but decent …

2 Likes

Well it is decent from a WC III perspective. I mean before Reforged release WC III players where “Okay Remastered whas not that great but it whas sure because of all those people that wanted no change and Reforged instead gonna be awesome!”
After release it whas: “Damn I am so envious about all those lucky StarCraft players they got such a decent product with Remastered.”

1 Like