Why can you make infinite accounts?

What is the reason for being able to delete and create new accounts infinite times? I just can’t get my head around this. Even Blizzard could profit from not letting this happen because people who want to make a lot of new accounts have to buy a new copy of SC:R.
Is there any chance that this is going to be changed?
It’s just so annoying to play against these people. Half my games are against unranked players who are A/S rank and as a lower level player this is furiating.

You mean battlenet accounts?

You need an HD license to play ranked mode. It’s probably unlikely that people are creating tons of HD accounts (because they’d need to be paying $15 each time) just to smurf.

If they’re using the same battlenet account and creating new profiles, the new profile MMR will be based off the MMR of their battlenet account rather than resetting to the default value.

7 Likes

Yes, sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant profiles, not blizzard accounts.

Thanks for your answer Grant! Although it certainly doesn’t feel like it when playing, I believe you. :slight_smile: Is it an average MMR of all their profiles? That could answer the situation because most likely they have some (very) low MMR profile so average gets lower.

To smurf or to practice and not ruin their MMR/reputation/status. Smurfing has been a thing since forever.

My question is opposite: I recently deleted a profile and couldn’t make another one because it says you already reached limit. Why?

1 Like

Your only allowed so many per server. So you can make a few on korea, us east, us west, etc i dont remember the limit, but you can always just delete one on that server and make a new one for that server that you want.

Back near 1.18 they let you attach your old bnet 1.0 id to thr new 2.0 system remastered uses. So you could have a few extra names than normal. I wish they could open this option back up so i can attach my diablo ii name to my sc remasterd 2.0 id