What will happen to Starcraft from now on?

Welp, once again Blizzard is facing yet another controversy these days. It would seem that this is the only thing Blizzard has been doing lately other than Diablo stuff. Riding that downward spiral into their inevitable doom. Starcraft especially, these days is barely on life support and more on the verge of death. Hell, even the profile icons in this forum are glitched and do not show up. Its absolutely demoralizing.
So my question is this: What will happen to Blizzard games in case Blizzard gets shut down or gets absorbed by Activision? If this happens, my ideal scenario is for Blizzard to hand out a digital copy to every owner and then go ahead and release the source codes and let the fan base to pick up the work from there. Starcraft/Warcraft/Diablo belongs to their fans, not to Blizzard anymore. They are the ones that are keeping them alive.

Blizzard is a walking corpse. And no, Starcraft doesn’t die just because Blizzard might as well be gone. The community will continue to support it. Even if they shut down the servers, the community will organize and keep it alive.

Community will come and bring back what’s needed. ShieldBattery is a private server that is already making lots of progress. No game-breaking bugs, and turn rate is better than on bnet somehow.

1 Like

This is my last hope for this game to survive to be honest

The turn rate improvements might be because fewer players are playing and mostly from the same region.

This is it, blizz doesnt care about starcraft because RTS games don’t make enough money that’s all there is to it. Supposedly they’re working on a “gacha-style rts” but it sounds like an excuse to throw in microtransactions. Kind of sad for starcraft to go out like this but at least it’s being kept alive in korea, starcraft will always have its hardcore fan-base but it probably won’t be too long before the official servers get shut down between remastered and sc2 at this point.

LUL, you did not read that fake leak and believed it, did you? =)