UsedTissue crash on launch

Replying to a few different threads w/the same issue. My new windows 10 computer cannot start SC I. Pastebin for my DxDiag is: XFYGnd9v

1 Like

Same issue for me. New Windows 10 computer and now I’m unable to play SC I.

Pastebin is: XFYGnd9v

Same issue for me. MY DxDiag is at the pastebin: XFYGnd9v

Hey there UsedTissue,

I moved your post to it’s own thread since it’s best to keep individual problems separate unless we know it’s the exact same cause. We’re starting fairly blind here, thus it’s more appropriate for a new topic.

As for the cause here, I suspect it’s something with the graphics. A general step that often helps is try starting the game in a window:

1) Click the Blizzard icon on the Battle.net app.
2) Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
3) Click Game Settings and check the Additional command line arguments box under Starcraft: Remastered.
4) Type --renderer=ogl in the box and click Done.

Citrix may also be causing problems. Try uninstalling it, restarting the system, and then testing.

1 Like

Tried both windowed mode and uninstalling citrix and unfortunately still unable to launch the game. Any other suggestions?

Can you make sure that the game is set to use the Nvidia graphics? Windows will sometimes get confused with passing off the workload of running the game and it has to be forced with the following settings:

Laptops with Nvidia Geforce gaming GPU

3D settings

1. Right click on the desktop and open the Nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click on Manage 3D Settings on the left
  3. Go to the Program Settings Tab
  4. Browse and select the Blizzard game.
  • If there is a drop-down menu called Select Preferred Graphics Processor, choose High Performance Nvidia Processor. This drop-down may not always be present
  1. Click Add and close the Control Panel

PhysX physics engine

1. Right click on the desktop and open the Nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click on Configure Surround PhysX on the left
  3. On the PhysX Settings drop-down select the Nvidia card
  4. Click Apply and close the Control Panel

Restart the computer after configuring the options in Nvidia Control Panel.

I do not have an option to configure PhyX on the Nvidia control panel:

https //ibb co/QfBLCPZ

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Hey again UsedTissue,

That is odd that you couldn’t check those settings. I wasn’t sure what to do to proceed past that point and think it’s best to keep that on the back burner with some other troubleshooting done next.

I checked out the crash report again and wasn’t finding much except one mention of One Drive. That as been known to cause issues with Starcraft launching. Specifically that program can sync folders. When it does that though, it can block games from accessing files in the folders. You’ll want to make sure the Starcraft folder is not being synced. Microsoft has information with pictures to do this here: Choose which OneDrive folders to sync to your computer - Microsoft Support

Note that excluding the Starcraft folder may be enough, but doing the whole Documents folder may be needed.

Turning off onedrive for my documents folder worked for me. Thank you!