They should change it so that free and paid can play

most of the people i play with do not want to buy starcraft remastered. i have purchased it and starcraft cartooned but, i can not play it with them because free and paid starcraft does not mix. that means that i need to use my other account, which have a free license, to play.

Standard and Remastered can already play together. It’s been that way since release.

1 Like

that is actually not true. it is either standard and standard or remastered and remastered. i already tested it. i could play standard with standard but not remastered with standard. when i tried that, neither player could see the other`s game. when i switched to standard however, both players could see each others. it was the same 2 pcs i used. i could explain it in more detail however. my account have both pre-order skins and cartooned. the account of the other player have nothing. when i switched to my other account which also have nothing, it worked.

It was part of the plan for Remastered since before it was released. I’ve done it many times myself without issue.

If you can’t see each other’s games, that’s a bug as it’s always been intended that the two versions are compatible.

as of right now they are not compatible. it is not even related to files, only to the game`s account structure. the only thing i changed was the account i used while the other player did not change anything.

Then it’s likely a bug.

When i get home tonight, I’ll test it out on both LAN and Battlenet.

Using my main account (Levi) which has Remastered, I made games on both Battlenet and LAN. An alt account of mine (Niom) which does not have Remastered, was able to see and join the games without issue. The same was true when the roles were reversed: when Niom made games, Levi could see and join them without issue.

Here are screenshots of Niom’s UI:

Battlenet:

LAN:

So it’s something going on with your setup/settings. Some things that come to mind are your two accounts are on different servers, or the accounts have different “Public” and “Private” game settings.

They need to reset the search filter to default.

1 Like

then why can i not do that? and yes, the search filter started on default. without changes, the other player could only see games hosted by a limited number of players, likely those that played for free(without buying remastered). i could see a lot more games but, not the one hosted by the account playing without buying the game.

Can’t say for sure since we can’t see your setup/settings.

i made sure that both accounts was on the same server: europe.

It is likely a bug. I have remastered and the other day I played with a friend who had the free version.

I think this is the “bad connection bug combined with the limited game list bug”.
I had a similar experience, when playing with a brother. Each of us used a laptop and the same wifi connection. Now for some reason often one of us would get kicked out of the network and we would neeed to restart connection. After some months it happened that sometimes one of us would only see a bunch of games, while the other would see many more. To be perfectly honest the limited game list bug happens to any user, it doesnt matter if you have paid starcraft remastered or not. This bug often comes in connection with a bad connection and wifi in general.
So if you have possiblity, try to use a ethernet cable for at least one of the computers. And my bro had a free account,while i had the paid one.
Iam not sure why it would work only with the free ones, but i can assure you, you can play with your buddies even when they have the free version in custom games. However they cant play ladder.

An other possibility to combat the “cant see games bug” is to re launch starcraft. At the highs of this bugg plague i had to relaunch starcraft 12 times per game until i could finally enter a friends game. Now a days there have been many patches so it should be less.